Well the 2nd Power Mac G5 didn't help...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by RusStudios, Dec 8, 2008.

1. RusStudios macrumors newbie

I have had the old Mac Pro G5 and right when it was time the warranty expired I took it in.

The issue - When I import photos into iPhoto or video into iMovie there is a color change. Like hot pinks all over the pictures and video. Also, if I burned them to a CD/DVD it was hot pink or hot green or hot yellow.

Apple had that G5 for over 2 months. Could get the issue resolved. Long story short, my wife came home with the Power Mac G5 with Intel Core 2 Duos.

I imported more photos and videos and that still has that hot colors showing up.

I have tried wiping the HDD completly and reinstalling. Tried installing all updates. But still have the issue.

I have just been getting my video projects done through my MAC mini but it is so slow.

Any thoughts? By the way today I was watching a QuickTime Movie on a website and it did the exact same thing.

2. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

You mean your wife replaced your G5 with a Mac Pro? and you still have the problem?

is it your Monitor?

3. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Uhh, what? You're being somewhat vague in your comments. And I really LOVE how you mix up Power Mac G5 and Mac Pro G5. Genius. :p

Anyway, kidding aside, so you have some color issue iMovie. Can you let us know what version you're using?

And also, you said your wife got a "Power Mac with Intel Core 2 Duos", meaning she got a Mac Pro to replace the Power Mac G5? Am I understanding this correctly?

So does your Mac mini do the same thing? And what Mac mini do you have? A G4 or Intel Core based mini?

From what I'm hearing, it might even be a display issue?

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I remember when using a VGA cable and if it wasn't plugged in correctly, the colors got all messed up. I doubt you are using VGA and I never had that problem with DVI. Also it is kinda confusing with PowerMac G5 Pro and with Intel Core 2 Duos. Wish my G5 had C2D :rolleyes:

5. goMac macrumors 603

Sounds like a bad monitor or bad monitor cable, not a bad machine.

6. TrapOx macrumors 6502

No, its an known problem with 10.5.5, Quicktime 7.5.5 and G5 models.
    http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=8196651
    10.5.6 should fix the problem and currently the "fix" is to downgrade to 10.5.4 and prevent the update.

I'm amazed Apple let them have a free $2700 computer for a software problem!

The continued pinks likely due to corruption from the data transfer.

7. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

You see this change even when you burn the vid to DVD and try it on another player? This suggests incompatibility between your camera and software. Or a damaged camera. What is your camera?

Nothing else shows this colour change on the computer?

8. goMac macrumors 603

Oh, I missed that it was still there when he burned to DVD....

Yeah, sounds like a bad camera then, or a software bug.

9. RusStudios thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay sorry for the Confusion.

Yes my wife got me the Power Mac G5

When burning it does the same thing

iLife08 is what i am using on both machines.

I have tried new VGA cables. I have tried different monitors.

I have a Panasonic AG-DVX100B video camera, Canon ZR850 video camera, and Sony DCR-TRV280 video camera. Yes it happens with all 3 of video cameras.

I have even tried new DVI to VGA converter and that seem to help.

Mac Mini is Power PC G4. Same OS X 10.4.11.

Again sorry for my confusioning statement.

10. RusStudios thread starter macrumors newbie

additional

I have tried putting that project on my external hard drive and hook up my mac mini and the color is back to orginal.