Well, this is different

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Droid13, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Droid13 macrumors regular

Dear All,

Hope you are all well.

It has been quite some time since I last posted; some of my older posts were me asking questions about upgrade paths and I think I had settled on an iMac. It was taking 30 minutes to edit a photo on my May '07 MacBook. The trouble was HDR, it's a terrible disease.

Now, things are a little different: I have acquired a MacBook Pro (15", 2.3GHz, 16Gb) and I must say, I am simply blown away. I have never had access to this much computing capability, and in such a neat tidy package too! And that screen...

I have benched both machines for comparison ( http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/compare/667754/2362676 ) but I think to really appreciate a new computer, you should upgrade as infrequently as possible.

I only hope this machine lasts as long as my previous one. Now: back to making good productive use of it!

Best regards,
    Droid13

2. mac8867 macrumors 6502

congrats on your new config... I have to chuckle, the way your post reads, it's like you are surprised your new laptop is so much faster than your 5 year old one...

3. Droid13 thread starter macrumors regular

That's more or less correct: I expected it to be faster, but my goodness. I lost my hat.

4. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

I have the same config, and I agree, this thing is nothing less than amazing.