Wells Fargo Drops All Support for Quicken Essentials for Mac May 31st

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DavidAhrendts, May 25, 2011.

1. DavidAhrendts macrumors newbie

I've been informed today by Wells Fargo that they will drop all support for Quicken Essentials for Mac on May 31st. As of the 31st I will not able to download by checking and savings account entries as I have for a decade. This was in response to an April 1st I received giving me procedures to migrate to a new WF server before May 31st -- they're upgrading, The procedures for Mac users was for Quicken for Mac 2005-1007 and not for the current version. When I called WF they told me they are indeed dropping support and they encouraged me to go back to the older Quicken for Mac 2007 -- of course, my database gets converted once and cannot be changed back. Further, when I called Quicken support, they seemed unaware and wanted to conference me with Wells Fargo. Shame, shame on Wells for not even trying to notify me in advance, and shame on Quicken for not being prepared here.
    David Ahrendts
    Los Angeles

2. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Where'd you get this info from? I added a couple of Wells Fargo accounts to QE about a week or so ago without any issues.

Now for my main checking account, I like to enter everything myself. Call me a control freak, but I don't want something to mess up and I have to take the time to sort it all out.

3. DavidAhrendts thread starter macrumors newbie

From Wells Fargo tech support three ways. I inquired of Quicken support and they are caught totally pants down. Unbelievable! I have a ten-year Quicken database with Wells and I've been left with no WF support.

4. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

It's working fine for me now. Just added two accounts and downloaded all the transactions for them.