Welp I'm getting my new (replaced) iphone 3g tomorrow(UPDATE BAD :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vegan TJ, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Vegan TJ macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

i told apple about my light leak and the headphone jack and the metal around edges being uneven ..and i sent it out sat they recieved it monday and they replaced it and shipped it back..i wil have a new 3g black 16gb iphone tommorow

EDIT: ok i received my new iphone 3g but there is a small crack by the headphone jack...should i call again and have them replace it again? this sucks

2. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Congratulations?

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

so basically your wasting apples time and money to replace a unit with no problem whatsoever except a very minor cosmetic flaw that is almost impossible to notice
    and now people with real problems will have a harder time getting theirs replaced because they have to wait for more to be made/refurbed

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Tis life when you pay for a goods.

5. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

If you feel that way why don't you offer to trade your phone for his since you don't think it's such a big deal. The guy paid top money for this and he deserves to have something he's satisfied with. I'm sure if you received what he got you would want to change it. No one in their right mind would live with their flawed iphone.

6. SHAWNYMAC macrumors member

Hey Join The Club....i Got Mine On The Day Of Release.....since Then I Have Been Getting Cut Everytime I Use The Friking Thing....went To The Store And Everytime I Go They Say We Have No Phones ....give Us A Week .last Nite I Was Fed Up And They Finally Orderd Me A New One...hahahaha I Still Have To Wait...what A Joke...but I Do Love The Phone.....

7. Vegan TJ thread starter macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

ok buddy..i waited 9 hours in line spent over 300$ dollars...i think i would like a phone with ABSOLUTLY no problems at all..and as for wasting apples money are you kidding me ?Do you know know how much apple makes a year? i dont but i can guarantee its about MILLIONS more than i do

8. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

I'd be p*ssed if my phone had any issues, as well... if I'm paying for something it better darn well be perfect.

Side note: what is "welp?"

9. Inukami macrumors 6502

Hey topic starter, do you think they will fix it and send it back or send you back a completely new iPhone.

10. Vegan TJ thread starter macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

they are sending me a BRAND NEW iphone ...you know how i know? well if you look on repair status at apple.com you will find when they are diagnosing your problem and the plan of action took ...such as product fixed...couldnt find a problem....well my status said PRODUCT REPLACED.so i think im getting a new iphone ....

and WELP means ...well ...but just saying it like welp is how me and my girlfriend say it ...to each there own

11. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Hahahaha. I'm just giving you a hard time. :D

12. dantay macrumors regular

dantay

If its in a box on its own (not the full apple packaging) then its a service unit. This means it could be new or refurbished.

13. SHAWNYMAC macrumors member

i was told that my new replacement will be a brand new phone...and not a refurb....i don't even think they have refurbs avaliable just yet anyways.....

14. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

It will be a refurb, no doubt. My original 1G iPhone went dead one week after I got it (launch day 2007) and they sent me a refurb saying it was new. Didn't matter because I couldn't tell the difference anyway, and it lasted me a very long time.

15. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Refurb or new, congrats on your replacement. Do you have pics?

16. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

He needs to get what he paid for.