welp, it's happened... I was listening to my fav radio show and

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DonWilson, Jul 9, 2007.

1. DonWilson macrumors member

i dropped my iPhone.

Not on the carpet or the bed.

On solid concrete.
    As I watched it bounce around, I could only scream obsenities.

There is one large paint scrape square on the black part, and a few scratch marks at the top-opposite side, and i cant determine if there are and scratches on the glass.

2. wongulous macrumors 6502a

3. ascham87 macrumors regular

ascham87

*Wonders why listening to a radio show, namely one that was your favorite, has anything to do with the story* then *proceeds to shed a small tear*

4. DonWilson thread starter macrumors member

Radio show is syndicated to wma = which I convert to mp3 and build a podcast for = me listening to it on the iPod of the iPhone.

5. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

CASE CASE CASE

SCREEN PROTECTOR SCREEN PROTECTOR SCREEN PROTECTOR

Put these on minutes after opening the box

6. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

I feel there is no reason why anybody should not follow these directions.

7. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Minutes! :eek: You would wait that long? I was so excited about putting a screen protector on I put it over the plastic that covered the screen. I was all like :confused: why isn't the screen protector sticking? Then I looked closer and was like :eek: I am a retard and forgot to take the plastic off the screen. :D

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    OMG !!!

:eek: You took yours OUT of the BOX ???? :eek:

Now anything could happen to it...

9. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

That seriously is hilarious.

10. CyberGreg macrumors regular

Thanks, now I have to wipe spittle off my iPhone... :D

That made me actually laugh out loud... thank-you
    :cool:

11. neven macrumors 6502a

Warning: iPhone cases look lame and hide the months of careful design done by Apple behind ten minutes of rubber measuring by people with no aesthetic talent or concerns.

I dropped my iPhone for the first time this weekend on a tiled floor. There's a miniscule scratch on the back. The chrome and glass are untouched. If I end up with a completely scratched up back of my iPhone, that will be immeasurably nicer than some leather or gel monstrosity.

12. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I dunno, a case may have kept my iPhone incognito. No one has bugged me about it. I even walk around with the iPhone in hand and earbuds in ear. Either people don't know or they don't care. :shrug:

13. neven macrumors 6502a

I talk on mine in public all the time. People don't exactly walk up to me on the street to ask about it, and even if they did, that wouldn't bug me.

14. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Not too bad then :)
    It's a phone, it is bound to get scraped and dropped from time to time. Yes it sucks and it's your new baby, but if that screens fine, that's the main thing.

Does anyone know how scratched or hairline cracks affect multitouch input?

15. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

The Apple fanbase is a funny bunch.

They spend 6 months drooling over a gorgeous technical device.

They sprint out, buy it, and admire its sleekness and, frankly, gorgeous design.

Then, they promptly slap on a shoddy $20 case with exposed stitching, instantly doubling the device's size and significantly reducing from its beauty.

I've been carrying my iPhone around in my pocket for over a week now... No case, and no issues to date.

16. DonWilson thread starter macrumors member

I went to the att store a couple of days after i bought the phone. Having a scratched phone is miniscule to an ugly ass leather case or struggling with putting te gel wrapped phone in my pocket

17. rasskull macrumors newbie

after reading this I promptly put on a screen protector - we had used some of those palm ones for our iPods here, and it seems to work great on the iPhone as well!

18. nicoboss macrumors member

well this morning I took the phone out of my bag to change a song -
    I, of course, took a second or two to admire (never get tired of it) the amazing design, sleek beauty of this impressive machine; changed the song, tried to put it back in my bag .....
    and got my hand tangled in my cord and the stupid $^%^$&# Belkin adaptor - it fell on the sidewalk -
    I started sweating even more than I was (90 degrees in NYC if the weather widget is correct). I have scratches on all 4 corners of the back of my iphone – AND I AM NOT PROUD OF IT scratches on my RAZR are cool - scratches on my iphone SUCKS!!!!!

Granted this thing will get dents over time, it's been only 9 days for god's sake.

I have a Belkin vertical leather thing – not too hugly - and I have to take the phone out to do anything with it - so I just protect it when I am not using it ...
    holster - that's a holster I have (forgot the name and too lazy to go back and edit, although by now I would already have edited the previous sentence and would not have to type all this stuff..)

Anyway, putting a case around it sucks, but the iphone is like a soap bar - it's very slippery when handled - better have a case to put it in when not in use.

And I am going to get this sticker thing from invisibleShield - transparent sticker that goes all around the body – it will protect it form getting more scratches from the pavement next time it falls (the antena part scratched looks really ugly now)

19. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I just got a case today Ive been using it commando for a week. Personnally I think all the cases are really bad and apple can't keep screen protectors in stock. Truth of the matter though is that this is a phone. It has always been the most used piece of technology I've ever used and I some point I've always dropped it. And I know that no matter how much I baby it it will at some point happen to this. And I accept that. If worst comes to worse I'll buy aother housing. Its a phone it is used differently than a cmputer. It will happen.