Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

went back from DP1 El Capitan to stable Yosemite 10.10.3

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
1,734
2,992
the Netherlands
So, I just used DP1 10.11 El Capitan and went back to stable Yosemite 10.10.3

Once DP2 10.11 will be released next week, can I go from 10.10.3 directly to DP2 10.11 or do I need to to DP1 first and then DP2?

please advice! thanks
 

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
1,062
1,053
Budapest, Hungary
as far as I remember ... no.
You will need each DP increment.
You might want to wait for PB 1

As for me, I almost did the same move. But I decided to wait till next week to see if next DP will be fixing some things.
 
Comment

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
1,734
2,992
the Netherlands
as far as I remember ... no.
You will need each DP increment.
You might want to wait for PB 1

As for me, I almost did the same move. But I decided to wait till next week to see if next DP will be fixing some things.

Thanks, so I should be fine by going from 10.10.3 straight to DP2 10.11 once it's released via the developer member centre
 
Comment

chucker23n1

macrumors 601
Dec 7, 2014
4,610
5,806
You really shouldn't be upgrading at all until the final release. Keep separate partitions.
 
Comment

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
1,062
1,053
Budapest, Hungary
Thanks, so I should be fine by going from 10.10.3 straight to DP2 10.11 once it's released via the developer member centre
I did that with Yosemite.

But please take into account that there may be many irritating bugs.
I remember Yosemite's PB1 was nightmare for me on my iMac mid 2011. PB2 fixed many things and it became better.


I know I lack patience when it comes to new SW. :) If you are on the same boat as I am - then I know your pain :)
 
Comment

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
568
166
Once DP2 10.11 will be released next week, can I go from 10.10.3 directly to DP2 10.11 or do I need to to DP1 first and then DP2?

please advice! thanks

If it follows the past patterns, there will be incremental updates to DP1 until a new full installer is released...DP4 maybe. That will likely coincide with the public beta around mid to late July.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.