Went back to iOS 6

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Like many of you already have, I went back to iOS 6 because of the bugs. I am not complaining - I expected them to be there but it made my every day phone too difficult to use.

But I must say, I MISS iOS7!!! iOS6 looks and feels so archaic and clunky now! :eek: I can not wait until fall when I can get iOS7 in a much more stable build. :apple:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Old and archaic? Okie.

But I do think there were lots of threads on this before.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Old and archaic? Okie.

But I do think there were lots of threads on this before.
Yes... It now feels over textured and like there is too much space for everything (like the lock screen with the spaces for the numbers as you type them, for example).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes... It now feels over textured and like there is too much space for everything (like the lock screen with the spaces for the numbers as you type them, for example).
I'm not sure that tons of white space (that's literally white) is really an improvement though (in particular for those with black iOS devices, but even in general).

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
I'm not sure that tons of white space (that's literally white) is really an improvement though (in particular for those with black iOS devices, but even in general).
I agree. I have the white iPhone so it looked nice. It would be nice if they created the option to choose between black and white for the empty space. Besides, I bet the black would save a ton of energy and therefor result in longer lasting battery life.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I agree. I have the white iPhone so it looked nice. It would be nice if they created the option to choose between black and white for the empty space. Besides, I bet the black would save a ton of energy and therefor result in longer lasting battery life.
And look better on the eyes and all-around in dark/darker environments too. Let's hope something like that might show up at some point (sooner than later).

Jeffrey Jeff

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2013
i'm currently restoring back to iOS 6.

beta 2 is definitely smoother than beta 1, but still too many problems.

i really like how in iOS 7 you can make the text very small. i have good vision and so i would prefer for the text to take up less space and show more (like in Messages)

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Like many of you already have, I went back to iOS 6 because of the bugs. I am not complaining - I expected them to be there but it made my every day phone too difficult to use.

But I must say, I MISS iOS7!!! iOS6 looks and feels so archaic and clunky now! :eek: I can not wait until fall when I can get iOS7 in a much more stable build. :apple:
Other than you, who else would care what version of iOS you're running? So, why start a thread about it?

knapperbot

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
I think some people are missing the point ...

It's Beta, of course it is going to be buggy, as you mentioned.

Besides that, people don't pay $100 in order to get iOS 7 before the average Joe, they do it because they are developers, and they are involved in being a part of building a great OS. It's not about high-fiving your dork friends because you have iOS 7 before the general public.

Instead of "going back to iOS 6", why not offer some help and contribute to the evolution of creating a better OS in general? :cool:

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
It's Beta, of course it is going to be buggy, as you mentioned.

Besides that, people don't pay $100 in order to get iOS 7 before the average Joe, they do it because they are developers, and they are involved in being a part of building a great OS. It's not about high-fiving your dork friends because you have iOS 7 before the general public.

Instead of "going back to iOS 6", why not offer some help and contribute to the evolution of creating a better OS in general? :cool:
Well said.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
In one of the other threads for the same topic, I posted that after iOS 7 b1 I really enjoyed going back to iOS 6. It's luxurious. However, b2 is getting better and this might be a nice ride to the end.

gomoq13

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2013
Singapore

Did you try "Reset All Settings" or restarting the affected iDevices?