Went from the first iPhone to iPhpone 4~not impressed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rhodalinsky, Jul 12, 2010.

1. rhodalinsky macrumors member

I have the death grip issue. Do I take it back or do all phones have this problem. I have also noticed more dropped calls and bad reception compared to my iPhone 1. I am thinking about taking it back tomorrow. Do I take it back? I have another 2 weeks before my 30 days is up.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Get a bumper and your problem will be most likely solved

4. chembox macrumors 6502a

Wait your thirty days and see if Apple does anything about the issue (store credit, etc).

Cheap fix != True Fix

5. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Do the death grip on your original iPhone. Same thing happens.

6. scootaru macrumors 6502

Take it back unless you don't mind using a bumper/case. Reception issue will never be fixed.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe you have better 2G coverage in your area than 3G thats why you have dropped calls.
    Besides the signal issues you're having Im suprised you're not impressed with the iphone 4 over your 1st iphone in general though.

8. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Why do people like you make up things on these forums? Just 4 days ago on June 8th you didn't have the iPhone 4 and posted the following:

And now a couple days later you magically have one and are unsatisfied and only have 2 weeks left of your 4week return window? If you are going to troll then at least don't be completely sloppy about it...

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, nice catch:D

10. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Just really sick of the complainers and know that most of them are trolls and/or don't even own one. Wish the mods would perma ban people like this.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes but I just noticed.
    We're in July now so its 1 month and 4 days actually since that post your pointed out:D

12. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Haha oops my bad. I will leave my post unedited because now it's just funny :p

13. marddin macrumors 6502

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

15. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Reactivated my original iPhone today and sure enough I could make it go all the way down to no service. On the plus side, unlimited data on our new line.

16. Savor Suspended

Savor

Even if this OP was actually telling the truth, I would try to preservere getting another iPhone 4 with no problems if I was put in the same position.

I never would go back to a 2G iPhone. Feels like the stone ages with 2G and its lack of RAM and speed. Constant crashing and reboots. Screen looks dated overnight. Camera is awful. Hardware is dated by even the latest Androids and the aesthetics looks bloated. I don't care about the iPhone 1's back being aluminum and more immune to fingerprints. You can't change the back easily like the 4.

17. clg82 macrumors 6502

No it DOESN'T i'm holding both phones in my hand now lol! Typical Apple fanboy!

18. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

19. hipvamore macrumors regular

20. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

fake threads like these have been popping up alot lately

21. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

Absolutely ridiculous. This phone is unbelievably better than the Original iPhone. Even if I HAD to use Speakerphone to make all of my calls, I'd rather have the iPhone 4.

It is unbelievable as to how many people on this board are anti-case. A case is a necessity on an iPhone, let alone an iPhone made out of Glass!

22. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

But it does happen on the 3GS without a case. I had it happen on my 32GB 3GS and now on my new 8GB 3GS. I never noticed it in the year that I owned the 32 because I always had a case on it which would explain why there were very few complaints about it, people used cases because they were readily available. We hear about it so much on the 4 because tons of people are not using cases/bumpers. My bumper solved my problem on my 4.

23. miki66 macrumors 6502

miki66

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

To tell you the truth ever since I put a case on my new iphone 4 I never noticed that signal fluctuation no matter where or how I hold it now.
    So it really does help.