Went out and got a 13' MBP today....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RUReady18, Jul 21, 2011.

1. RUReady18 macrumors newbie

I went out and got a new MBP from best buy today and was told that I could download the new OS from Apple.com, I got the impression that it would be free ( Since its going to be coming out with the newer shipped models now) even though he never said it, so do I have to pay for it??

2. waterman460000 macrumors newbie

3. RUReady18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol thats good to hear, but how do I download it???

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Download it, but don't install it yet, let the early adopters be the guinea pigs.

5. S.Jobs macrumors member

6. RUReady18 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Guardsix macrumors member

Guardsix

Ha! I didn't find the link until I had already downloaded, installed and paid for my first version of Lion. After I found I had been charged, I asked for a refund and that's when they told me to go to the update link! I had to go through all that including downloading Lion again with my redemption code and re-installing it. After I did that and provided the redemption code, they agreed to issue me a credit for the original purchase of Lion.

Why didn't some kind of instructions come with my newly purchased MBP? I bought it on 28 June, well after the announcement that it would be free. Would have saved me about half a days work!

8. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

That's ok! You saved $30. That's a quarter day's worth of gas for my truck!

9. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Why no instructions? I think your actions answered the question for you. There are going to be people who don't read "it's up to the user to redeem their free copy of lion" on the Apple site.

It's an extra 30 bucks on top of a new machine; Apple would be stupid to give you step by step instructions.