Went over 200 MB on my AT&T Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by VinceBognot, Jul 12, 2010.

1. VinceBognot macrumors newbie

I picked the 200 MB DataPlus Package since I am usually around a WiFi network. I just got my iPhone this month and was doing tests with iMovie clips and uploading to YouTube. Today on July 12, I got a message saying I went 0.86 MB over my plan and that they will charge me an additional $15 for another 200 MB. I only have 4 more days in my billing cycle and have turned out Cell Data in my iPhone to avoid accidental connection to the data network. Do you think I can call AT&T on the start of my new billing cycle and explain I ONLY went over 0.86 MB and ask to waive the $15 additional fee? I mean $15 for 0.86 MB?! I think AT&T will waive it don't you?

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

No. You accepted the TOS when you chose that data plan.

3. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

You can call them up and upgrade to the 2GB plan just for this month, that way you lose out on only 10 bucks instead of 15.

4. Jim82 macrumors member

MA BELL very may reserve the charges for you. They are usually pretty good with that stuff in my experience. I have never had a problem when I f-ed up something and forgot to change a plan and went over. Just this last december I went over my text messages by about 50bucks. I called them up as soon as I saw my bill, and they had no problem with reserving the charges for me. Just don't be an A$$ when calling..