Went to a troll site accidently, few questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by trendflows, Dec 12, 2008.

1. trendflows macrumors newbie

Hello I recently visited a troll site unknowingly.
    I was led to that site from a completely legitimate site, I have no idea why that site was linked as the site designer but it was.
    GNNA was the organization and I clicked on a tab and boom my computer started opening tons of word documents, ichat windows and safari windows as well.
    I am very concerned as i had to manually shut down my macbook pro and it seems to be running a bit slower now(perhaps it could just be my conscious).

Should I be worried?
    I have downloaded Virus Barrier from the apple software page and nothing has come up.
    However when i looked in my files I had a bunch of .wmv's with GNAA in it.
    They have all been since deleted i'm just curious if I should be worried and if reformatting is a good idea.

Thank you so much for all of your time!
    I really do appreciate it and hope I explained it thoroughly.

Respectfully,
    Stamati

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't have a virus. There are no viruses in the wild that affect Macs. Chances are great that the pop-ups were spoofs.... Safari windows made to look like Word documents, iChat windows, etc. What site was it?

3. trendflows thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for your response, i'm sorry if it seems a bit silly.
    The website was GNAA.us which is both highly offensive and although at first glance nothing will happen if you click on and links on the website it starts to open lots of windows.

So i have no reason to be worried about my security or anything of that nature you believe?

Thanks again,
    Stamati

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios