Went to Apple Store SF...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFStateStudent, Oct 27, 2007.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

to sit in on "the iPhone getting started Workshop" and they were totally unprepared for the workshops! So, there I sat going from one workshop to the next, (very helpful and enjoyable by the way), and the entire time they were trying to avoid conducting their workshops "using" the new Leopard OS, since it was due to release later that night!!! We got a couple of peaks at the DESKTOP view, but that was all we saw. At the beginning of the iPhone Workshops, the Apple folks hooked-up a HandyCam by Sony to view the Apple Store employees iPhone, to keep US from viewing the new OS on the Workshop MacBook Pro! Again, a great day going to the workshops from 11:00am - 3:45pm, which is when they gave us the boot, in preparation of the release of Leopard at 6:00pm (San Francisco Time)LOL. :cool:

2. Geffen macrumors 6502

Seems like an all day workshop, was there anything new that was shown about the iPhone ?

3. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It was all NEW to me...

but, there must be something new with regards to Leopard, because they kept trying to run the iPhone Tutorial for us "new owners" but couldn't with the installation of Leopard on their MBP Workshop Computer, they kept trying to open the tutorial with Tiger, but apparently Leopard had assumed running all applications at that point. I really enjoyed the MAPS part of the workshop. I could actually see Traffic Hot Spots for my drive home back to the East Bay, and by pinching, unpinching, single-tap and double-tap I was able to maneuver around in a matter of seconds. Also, saw the difference between running apps on WiFi v. Edge and the real difference in the SPEED when opening webpages and working with the Maps program. :cool:

4. Geffen macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info, i still have my one to one training card and haven't used it as of yet.

5. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm still looking forward...

to going to the iPhone GOING FURTHER Workshop, but they've been scheduled during the week when it's difficult for me to take the day off. I'm just going to drop-in on another "getting started" iPhone workshop, now that they will have Leopard and the Tutorial up and running. I'll post the results here as well. :cool: