Went to BB to drool over the iPad 2.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleGoddess, Mar 13, 2011.

1. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Mine is in transit and will arrive Thursday so I took a ride over to BB and played with the display ones for a hour, I must say I am impressed I took a few photos and the camera will work fine for my Ebay stuff and browsing is very quick .
    The screen somehow looks better to me then the original iPad, and it has a very bright screen, the white looks brighter then the black with both set on Max brightness.

I really am very happy i bought the iPad instead of the Xoom which they moved to the netbook area.

2. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I checked it out too, but it was nasty with grease and fingerprints all over it and I don't like the shiny screen and reflections from all the store fluorescent lights. it seemed light and thin tho, ju'say'n.
    I use a high quality matte screen protector on my iPad1, and love it. Less reflections, can use it outside better, and no fingerprints.

3. gigaguy macrumors 65816

their site just switched the 16g black to Not in stock, around 330pm NY time.
    sorry wrong thread, was talking about the B&H site selling 16g blacks today, got one.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Best Buy has an iPad 2 display??? I think I may just have to take a trip! Its only 5 minutes away :)

5. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

yes, mine had a black and white loaded with every app you could think of, take a look at photobooth as you will get a laugh out of the pictures people leave on there.

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I went and came back. WOW that thing is beautiful!!! Its so much thinner in person than it looks on the pictures. Also the camera isn't near as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I was taking rather nice pictures with it. (A poor artist blames his tools!)

I didn't get a ton of time with it because by the time the person in front of me was done an old lady was behind me so I let her use it.

It is a TON faster though. Best Buy's wifi isn't that fast but on pages that were loaded you can tell the difference. Also the apps are much faster too. Its a very very smooth experience.

Its taking all I have not to buy one right now.