iPad Went to my local ATT Store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cmsmithatc, Oct 31, 2013.

1. cmsmithatc macrumors newbie

Moving my plan to mobile share and was inquiring about stock... Manager told me that they had plenty of iPads, however all stock was in 16 & 32gb models.

I am looking to get the 64gb...they said they could order it. Manager said ship time was 24hrs, however, I am somewhat leery that by 9am in the morning that will not be the case.

Obviously, I know this is not likely the case at all ATT stores, but wanted to pass along that it appears in some markets they are getting stock in the lower ranges.

2. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

What time is the ATT store opening?

3. cmsmithatc thread starter macrumors newbie

They said their standard opening time of 9am

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Based on this intel, I will probably skip ATT and head to Apple. I am going for the 128gb.

Already shown here that Target only sells those online.
    Past experience leads me to believe Walmart will only have the lower end ones.
    Sams Club here for sure has no cellular, only wifi

5. cmsmithatc thread starter macrumors newbie

I would do that, but I am looking at doing the ATT Next for the iPad.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

People keep talking about the NEXT program. I guess I am just slow or something. Trying to understand how this program works. Why is it better than just buying a unit outright? By the way, I want the 128gb ATT

7. Freakyshiat macrumors regular

my local att corp store said they did not receive any airs today, and they open at 10am tomorrow. Fail.

8. cmsmithatc thread starter macrumors newbie

The rep first told me that they did not get any..then the manager walked over and he asked when they were getting them. She then said they had arrived just a bit ago....this was around 7pm.

----------

Here is what I gathered..assuming that you already use data and not only wifi.

- There are no upfront cost.
    - You pay a monthly fee (based off the GB you have)... iPad price / 20
    - @12 months you can upgrade to new model minus any fees and continue to pay the monthly fee
    - Otherwise you pay the fee for 20 months and its yours outright.

Interest free loan for 20 months with option to upgrade fee free every year.

9. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

$0 down, 0% interest 20-month loan, no upgrade/activation fee, no early termination fee (just pay off your loan), easy trade in after 12 months if you want to upgrade (granted, at lower than what you'd get if you sell). It's a good option for folks who will be adding their iPads to their Mobile Share account and will be paying $10/mo line access fee anyway.

10. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Yea will get one on NEXT tomorrow, rep said he will hold one for me so lets see if I can get one tomorrow

11. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I'd guess that if a store didn't sell every ipad by the end of launch day last year, they won't get as many this year, because other busier stores ran out.

I'm sure all they do at att corporate is crunch the numbers in terms of distribution costs and foot traffic. Smaller more rural stores with less foot traffic and lower demand get less stock.

So if someone says their local store is getting zero tomorrow, that doesn't mean your local store will be getting zero.