Went to my local best buy today.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macguy360, Mar 3, 2012.

1. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

I went to the Best Buy at Wolfchase in Memphis today and I figured I would go by and look at how much stock they have of their Ipads. I know they have always carried them in a glass lock case just below the Ipad display table. Today when I went by and looked the case was completely empty below the display table. Not 1 single brand new Ipad at all. There were however about 5 or 6 open box Ipads but that was it!

They are definitely gearing up to have the iPad 3's in stock soon. I wish they would accidently go ahead and put the Ipad 3's in the display case but that would be entirely unlikely.

2. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Keep in mind that the glass display only holds 20 iPads or so. If they didn't have them in the case, they probably had another 30-40 in top stock somewhere. Also, despite what anyone tells you, there are no iPads being held anywhere except by Apple. When iPad 3 does come out, the initial couple of shipments will be drop shipped and won't arrive through usual channels to Apple's resellers.

3. macguy360 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's incorrect. I have been to this particular store before to buy my iPad 2 and have seen the case fully stocked with around 60+ iPads. The case has 2 levels of storage with each level able to hold around 30+ iPads.

In prior shipments of new items to Best Buy stores, it has always been confirmed to arrive in a wrapped crate with a do not open until x day written on the side of it.

4. dave420 macrumors 65816

I doubt those shipments came before the new product announcement. They were probably delivered after the announcement, but before they were to go on sale.

5. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

No Apple product is going to arrive at Best Buy before it is announced.

And even if it did, with a product like the iPad, it won't "accidentally" go on display, at least not this early.

6. gdkid2010 macrumors regular

We have hundreds of them at my Best Buy. I know because I work there. We keep the glass case underneath the iPads stocked to make it look pretty. Keep the rest in back.

We have hundreds yet we sell dozens a day..... even right now. I feel bad selling the 2

----------

At my store for the iPad 2 launch, they showed up the just a couple hours before the 5pm launch. And the signage showed up only 30 minutes prior to launch. The iPad shipments had a hold sticker on them from the carrier.

7. kaielement, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012

kaielement macrumors 65816

I work for Best Buy And I know for a fact that any NEW APPLE product doesn't arrive in the store until the day of and I also know that most Best Buys have loads more in stock of products in the back especially Apple products because they are the highest percentage of product that gets stolen from Best Buy. Don't kid your self no Best Buy Has any iPad 3s and by the way we didn't even get a demo iPad 2 for the store until the launch day. I know because my Apple rep and I set it up for my store.