Went to pre-order the 7 & got an interesting story....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilface, Sep 9, 2016.

1. lilface macrumors member

Hi friends...

So I went to pre-order the beautiful jet black iphone 7 128gb last night a 3am EST to then sadly realize I needed the plan holder's last 4 digits of their ssn to complete the purchase through the apple store app. I thought about it... but decided it wasn't a good idea to wake up my mom at 3am for her ssn....... lol.

I went back to bed, thinking of what I will do in the morning figured my best option at this point was to pre-order in store for pick up on release day. I went to Target since it's 2 seconds from my house.

When I asked the mobile guy there if I can pre-order the new iPhone he said to me "sure, but no one will be getting it ON the 16th".... to which I was puzzled and asked why? He told me that he was on the phone with their distributor who told him that Apple is keeping it under MAJOR wraps that there are strikes happening in their distribution facilities that will prevent ANYONE from actually having the iPhone on the 16th. I guess they are trying to figure something out before they have to send out a huge public apology?

I'm not really sure what to believe... but figured I would share. The pre-order system at Target was easy though and you pay nothing until they actually have the phone for you to go pick up... pretty sweet deal IMO.

Here's to hoping that guy was wrong and was just talking a bunch of nonsense.... HAPPY iPHONE 7 GUYS!

2. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

In other news, some idiot has a job at Target.

3. lilface thread starter macrumors member

Lol right??? I was so confused... I didn't know what to think. But then WHY WOULD SOMEONE MAKE THAT **** UP??? So weird...

4. AMTYVLE macrumors regular

AMTYVLE

Lol. SMH o_O
    --- Post Merged, Sep 9, 2016 ---
    I think I'm done with the internet for today.

5. medenblik macrumors regular

medenblik

I doubt it as Apple is too big to keep something like that under wraps...just look at the "secret" pics that surfaced of the 7....

People in those countries wouldn't keep it quiet if they are striking.

But who knows

6. Samantha124 macrumors regular

Samantha124

I don't know I mean a few are getting them on the 16th. Looks like if that's the case no one would get it on launch day. But who knows.

7. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

8. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

The mobile guy at Target. I mean I don't want to make fun of anyone's station in life but he seems like he'd be less believable than a used car salesman.