Went to the Apple Store Today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zachcheatham, Aug 1, 2010.

1. zachcheatham macrumors regular

zachcheatham

I made a genius appointment today to get my camera on my iPhone 4 checked out. I was doing that Blue Spot thing that he said was normal for the iPhone 4 and I agreed with him. I told him that I was having other problems with it too. He just replaced it on the spot. I thought that was strange he said he'll just use the one time "exception" on replacing the phone. Next time I have to have a concrete problem to get it replaced.

Well, after I walked out of the store I started playing around with it. I noticed that their were two long hairline scratches at the bottom-right. I was upset because I just got the phone and it seems to have came with scratches. I went back in the store and told them what had happened. The were really nice and set up for the manager to get the phone replaced I they replaced it but used another "one time only exception." I thought that was pretty funny.

I now have a new iPhone! I did notice that my SIM Card Tray sticks out a little on this one. I feel OCD talking about those little things. I'm not going to replace it for this but I was wondering if anyone else's does this? This replacement is a week 27 phone.

2. Schweitzer macrumors regular

What do you guys mean with "normal"?

Does your new phone have the same problem?

3. zachcheatham thread starter macrumors regular

zachcheatham

He said all of them do it, some worst than others. I don't believe its normal tho, because my friend's phone doesn't do it. But the replacement I got still does...

I just agreed with him because I didn't want to get in an argument

4. cherylzyx macrumors member

cherylzyx

I've had to have my iPhone 4 replaced twice. The first time because it kept going into a coma and refusing to wake up, the second was for a very bad green spot with the camera.

With the phone I have now (my third one) the volume buttons wiggle. I feel like I'm being a pain in the rear and being too picky but it bugs me. I've decided not to take it in and ask for a replacement because I'm afraid I'll get another one with a bad case of the green camera.

I think wiggly volume buttons is something I can adjust too but I definitely know what you mean about feeling OCD. This is my first iPhone and I'm wondering if I just set my expectations too high, I wanted it to be perfect but not much in life is.

5. zachcheatham thread starter macrumors regular

zachcheatham

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

6. UneElle macrumors member

I went to the Apple store today as well. My husband and I both got new i4s on 6/26th...mine was a replacement for my old 3G and his was a first-timer. We both experienced "gripping" problems, but they essentially disappeared when we got bumpers for each (before the freebie offer).

Mine has performed flawlessly and I love it. But hubby's has been having problems with his, and the problems were getting worse. He was experiencing some proximity sensor issues (sporadic), and, oddly enough, his phone would mysteriously switch itself from ring to vibrate. And recently his phone began freezing up once or twice daily. But the worst problem was connectivity. No bars...no service...no calls in or out. Yesterday, I met him at the club and I had 3 bars and he had zero. Standing right next to him, I tried calling and texting him, to no avail.

So we went to the Apple store today and he was given a new phone immediately without any question or hassle. Frankly, although ideally, I'd love to have flawless equipment...wouldn't we all (?)...excellent customer service when a problem arises is, in the long run, even more important. And today, we were given excellent customer service.

PS: JFTR...I'm certainly not a "fanboy". Not a "boy" of any age. ;-)

7. 184550 Guest

There will always be issues with anything if you look hard and long enough.

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm glad you were able to get it replaced again without any problems, and I hope this one works out better for you.