went to the apple store tonight

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IUBall22, Sep 18, 2007.

1. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

about my screen issue. its not even that bad. i just told them that the contrast wasnt right, and they said theyd exchange it when the next shipment came in. no one even looked at the screen. so im guessing they know about this problem. i was surprised it was so easy, i was ready to argue.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Same experience. When I picked up my replacement I asked 'What if I encounter the same issue with this one?' and the guy told me 'It's our product, we'll make it right.'

Fairly reassuring.

3. IUBall22 thread starter macrumors 6502

thats good to hear. i was meaning to ask that question but forgot.

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

best buy

Im hoping its that easy with best buy because I basicly have 7 days left to return it. What do you guys think? I sure hope Apple makes an announcement or gestures towards something because I really would like to know what to do about it.

Should I take mine back to best buy and just keep the one that I ordered from apple and work directly through apple instead (it will be here in 2 days, but its on auto-refund so I would have to send it back)? What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Arisian

5. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

also...

do you guys think best buy knows about the issue?

Thanks,
    Arisian

6. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

I asked the exact same question to a Rep. over the phone at Apple Support, and he basically said that they would replace it or refund me with no restocking fee due to it being a defect with the product not caused by misuse.

7. gergc macrumors newbie

I go in to my job at bestbuy tomorrow at 7AM, I'll check our toolkit system to see if anything was mentioned. as of Monday 3PM, there was nothing announced.

8. IUBall22 thread starter macrumors 6502

so i was thinking....what if apple never fixes the screen, then next year slightly updates the touch kinda like they did with the fifth generation. i guess what im trying to ask is what do you think the odds apple will address the current screen issue sooner rather than later?

9. --Wolf-- macrumors regular

Your basically saying, will Apple continue replacing a good percent of their new, great, product until next year? Wow, you're an idiot.

Of COURSE they will fix it. Otherwise people probably wouldn't even bother with an updated version.

10. Stun inc. macrumors newbie

Same here mine wasnt so bad, but i don't want a defective psudo good screen.

The Mac Genious told me to pick up a replacement when the new batch arives

11. IUBall22 thread starter macrumors 6502

hey man f you it was just a hypothetical

12. --Wolf-- macrumors regular

13. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Children, be nice to each other.

Wolf, no question is stupid, and it doesn't make them an idiot. They are simply unenlightened. We are here to enlighten them!

IUBall, don't lower to his level. Be respectable, reguardless of what is said to you.

14. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I think you're an idiot to be 99% sure that Apple has such a fast turn-around time that they could be shipping iPods with perfect screens by this week... but, that's just my opinion... I only THINK you're an idiot... however, I do not actually KNOW if you're an idiot.