Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
Abstract said:
Yeah man, and don't wash that hand. Bacteria is your friend.
Ya, totally man.
Next time your have to wash your hands, save the water.
Either keep the water or sell it on eBay.

PS: This tread should have a warning for dial-up users.

MacUser4_20

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2004
California
Thank you for the great pictures. Was really trying to get to the grand opening but wasnt able to. Steve is a great guy in person, and you can tell his passion regarding the apple fans, and crowds. He genuinely cares that they feel so loyal to the brand. Could you imagine the crowd of people that would be at a MS opening? Nothing like a MAC crowd.

Again awesome pics, they tell the story and engulf the anticipation and enthusiasm!

JCT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Tucson, AZ
Hah, SuperSnake -- I was right in front of you, I'm in several of your shots in the line.

Great series of shots -- gave a good feeling of what was going on. Julianne Moore was there -- very nice lady, signed autographs for people, was fiddling with the Macbook next to the one I was trying out. She was trying to decide between the MacBook and iMac.

It was definitely wild to see Steve Jobs -- my daughter was floored.

Oh, and yes, guys, that was James Wood looking a bit old. And why does Kevin Bacon look young --- plastic surgery of course.

JT

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
JCT said:
Julianne Moore was there -- very nice lady, signed autographs for people, was fiddling with the Macbook next to the one I was trying out. She was trying to decide between the MacBook and iMac.

Tell her if she can afford it, the MBP might be a better choice. :p

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
Which shots were you in? It's too bad I didn't know, would have been cool to talk to another MR reader :)

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Awesome Photo Journalism SuperSnake!

Great Job SuperSnake. Thank you so much for your work. You deserve some sort of award for getting all those great shots of Steve. Way to go man! :eek: :D :)

Did you all notice I have VIDEO posted of the NBC Nightly News interview with Steve on page 1? It's not just the stills.

This text is a LINK TO VIDEO of the whole segment.
SuperSnake2012 said:
:D

I am seperating this into several posts because MacRumors isn't letting me post more than 10 pictures per post.

Yes, I met the Steve Jobs today. :D I will explain everything with pictures so here you go! :)

I left school at 2pm today, hopped on the 4 train downtown. When I got off the train, it was pouring. I ran around trying to find the new Apple Store. After getting drenched I finally found the store and hopped in line. I stood behind the store and I snapped a few pictures with my camera.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
^Well he said his daughter was there. Just look for the photo with an older guy with a young girl. The photos are either going to be from the NYC Apple Store opening, or Thailand. You'll probably be able to tell the difference.

riciad

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
Thanks for the great pics even if I did use up an hour and 20 minutes of my slow dial-up monthly allowance viewing them.

Never been to an Apple Store and probably never will get to one as there doesn't seem to be much chance of an Irish one any time soon, so I got a vicarious pleasure out of these shots.

JCT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Tucson, AZ
SuperSnake2012 said:
Which shots were you in? It's too bad I didn't know, would have been cool to talk to another MR reader :)

I was in the earlier shots-- black cap, (PREMATURELY) silver hair -- chatting with the young couple who brought their 8-month-old out in the monsoon :eek: . My daughter joined me around 5.

What camera were you shooting with? I'm a pretty serious amateur myself so I always take note of what cameras people are using...

The funny thing is that I when I first got there I was kicking myself for arriving so early and suffering through the rainstorm (chilled through and through) -- but when my daughter arrived and was *so* excited to be so close I felt better -- not to mention the bedlam I encountered outside when we left around 8 PM :D .

JT

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001

Attachments

• 1MarriageUschiLang.jpg
    1MarriageUschiLang.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 2MarriageLuvU.jpg
    2MarriageLuvU.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 3MarriageMaryMe.jpg
    3MarriageMaryMe.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 242

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
Awesome pics! You meet the coolest people in NYC. I love it there. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't make it down yesterday, but it would have been freezing. That rain was cold. And when I go to the city, the temp seems to drop a few degrees from where I am.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Where Are All The People? Queue Is Still Empty At 8AM

I dont' get it. No queue all night when they are giving away MacBooks every hour? And there is still no queue at 8AM today? What gives? The opening appears to be a dud. :confused: :eek:

I would have stayed there the entire 24 hours to win a MacBook. I don't understand how this opening could not sustain a very long line the entire 24 hours. :confused:

There's a 3 hour delay in the timelapse posts. Will someone who is there please tell us what it's like now at 11AM?

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
JCT said:
I was in the earlier shots-- black cap, (PREMATURELY) silver hair -- chatting with the young couple who brought their 8-month-old out in the monsoon :eek: . My daughter joined me around 5.

What camera were you shooting with? I'm a pretty serious amateur myself so I always take note of what cameras people are using...

The funny thing is that I when I first got there I was kicking myself for arriving so early and suffering through the rainstorm (chilled through and through) -- but when my daughter arrived and was *so* excited to be so close I felt better -- not to mention the bedlam I encountered outside when we left around 8 PM :D .

JT

I was using a Canon PowerShot SD300. The one that Maria Sharapova uses in the commericials. :cool:

I'm currently resizing the huge pics into thumbnails so give me a few minutes. :)

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
Alright, I replaced all the links with 320 x 240 thumbs. Hopes this helps you dial up users out a bit :p

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Great shots, thanks for sharing.

It is cool to see Steve amongst normal everyday folk. Wish I could have been there!!

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
Awesome man, congrats on meeting him and Kevin Bacon. I could just feel the energy from those photos. I can only imagine what it was like in real life, probably a very surreal experience. Reminds me of last summer when Nicole Kidman was being shot in my dad's apartments back courtyard. I was twenty feet from her for over six hours. I can't wait to visit the store, as I am moving to North Jersey June 5th!

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
So you like the MacBook's screen? Is it better than the matte? I can't decide wether or not to get a glossy screen on my MBP or not. I'm probably going to the Apple store tomorrow though.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
Steve, wearing the same clothes. It would be shocking to see anything different. Someday, I would like to walk into a Apple store dressed like that and let my beard grow for about 3 days.

I love this thread. I really feels like I got to go to this event.

Thank you, SuperSnake!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
@SuperSnake2012

@SuperSnake2012;

Dude ..... YOU ARE MY HERO for this WEEK!!!!

I have no internet connection & just finished movie 2 weeks ago. I'm at work just now and looking at these incredible pictures .... I'm within such a close grasp to buying a MacBook Black Edition ... or waiting till Mid July for a MacBook Pro ... video card restrictions/freedoms (respectively). And this photo gave me so much motivation.

Overtime 53hours this week; 60hrs next week; 42 Hours the following week. Yeah I think I'll get a 1GB MacBook Pro with 2GHZ & 256MB (15"). but that MacBook Black looks so sweet in that svelte comberband.:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.