WEP, keychain, internet problem - 10.5.1

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lloydhooson, Nov 26, 2007.

1. lloydhooson macrumors member

Hi there, I have a mac book running 10.5.1 and since I updated from 10.4 my internet WEP key at home will not stay connected as soon as I turn off my MB or go to sleep it forgets the key and will not connect, so every time I wake it up I have to go through the internet assistance then it works, this is using a i 64 bit encryption, However the one at work (I believe is a 128 bit encryption) works fine, they are both net gear based routers.

Any help please? I don't want to change the internet encryption at home as there are many many computers on windows so that will break about a million times if you change the password in XP. :(

Thankyou. :apple:

2. omari623 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issues just updated two Powerbook g4's in my office from 10.4 to Leopard and both will not reconnect to the airport extreme base when restarted. I have to keep on entering the wep key to get online. It just wont store the password on my computers running Leopard. Any Ideas?

3. lloydhooson thread starter macrumors member

omari623, if you change the encryption to 128 bit, "it just works" to quote apple.

So having to change the stinking windblow boxes as well - gutted.

Cheers for the help.

:apple:

4. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

Is your router broadcasting your SSID? I had the same problem on the wife's MacBook until we set the router to broadcast.

5. gvegastiger macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem with mine. I'm broadcasting my SSID and using 64 bit. I switched from 128 bc I was tired of putting in the longer password.

6. omari623 macrumors newbie

I followed these directions below from another thread and all is well now.

("Remove the AppleAirPort2.kext file from your Extensions folder, located here: Macintosh HD:System:Library:Extensions")

7. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Good luck with sorting that out. I had similar problems with mine except it lost the ip address So i had to set it up all over again.