Were are downloaded itunes movies saved?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wackymacky, May 24, 2009.

1. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

I want to exclude iTunes downloaded movies from time capsule. I couldn't find it in the user/music directory.

I downloaded a rented movie tonight. Time machine ran while it was downloading and made a 1.5 gig backup. I transfered the movie without opening it, and b*gger me, time machine did another 1.5 gb back up the next hour!

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I think they are in a folder called movies within the iTunes music folder, I would look but I'm on my phone.

3. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

Here's where something like GrandPerspective can come in handy. Big unwieldy files really stick out.

mt

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

5. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

^^ As he above me said... but really... there is nothing that you can do with them apart from move them about when you have downloaded them...

6. wackymacky thread starter macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Thanks guys.

Trouble is ~/Music/iTunes Music/Movies/ was empty as (As I had transfered the movie to my iPhone), but time machine still managed to find the reminants of the movie somewhere on the system (in a cache folder?) and backed up the whole 1.5 GB of a useles expired file!)

Oh well..

7. npaisnel macrumors member

I know this is an old thread..but for others as a future reference iTunes version12.4.2.4 also look in iTunes/iTunesMusic/Downloads I just wanted to find film hat was CURRENTLY downloading ..I used a great find app called EasyFind...better than Spotlight