Were the workers drunk and playing spitball at the factory???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by n19htmare, Mar 7, 2011.

1. n19htmare macrumors member

So in an older thread I posted that my 2011 Macbook pro was wobbly. meaning, not all the feet settled flat on the table. Here's a video (crappy quality) I made of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqJ3WRu_bg

So in a different forum, someone suggested I remove the base cover and see if that's bent. I do, and it's not the cover, the cover is flat so I can only assume the chassis is bent (Bahhhhhumbug).

I proceeded to put the cover back on and noticed lots of metal shavings on my battery. Upon further inspection, One of the holes looked pretty banged up.

I assume, the way the damage looks, It seems, they tried shoving the screw in but kept missing the threads (Was the worker drunk? lol)

Then I look on the bottom on the base and there is what seems like a wad of spitball pressed on the same hole (the base side)....were they also playing spitball? WTF???

Laptop is definitely going back to Amazon but Jesus, Quality Control fail.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. /user/me macrumors 6502

As far as the unibody being bent, have you tried it on another surface, because it could be the table it was sitting on. I would still bring it back to apple though, just because of the other things that happened with it.

3. n19htmare, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

n19htmare thread starter macrumors member

I have tried multiple surfaces. Glass, granite countertops, work desks. 101% positive it's bent :(.

I've sent it back to Amazon, even if it wasn't wobbling, I'm not keeping it because of the other things. Simply because I don't know the extent of where all the metal shavings went,.

This experience is definitely leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Especially considering its an Apple product.

I did however consider keeping it because all those shavings could infact have been magical pixie dust. More the merrier right?

I Kinda just am interested in knowing they story behind it haha.

EDIT: I did not realize how censored Macrumor forums are.... yikes.