Were the workers drunk and playing spitball at the factory???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by n19htmare, Mar 7, 2011.

1. n19htmare macrumors member

Sep 4, 2009
    So in an older thread I posted that my 2011 Macbook pro was wobbly. meaning, not all the feet settled flat on the table. Here's a video (crappy quality) I made of it.

So in a different forum, someone suggested I remove the base cover and see if that's bent. I do, and it's not the cover, the cover is flat so I can only assume the chassis is bent (Bahhhhhumbug).

I proceeded to put the cover back on and noticed lots of metal shavings on my battery. Upon further inspection, One of the holes looked pretty banged up.

I assume, the way the damage looks, It seems, they tried shoving the screw in but kept missing the threads (Was the worker drunk? lol)

Then I look on the bottom on the base and there is what seems like a wad of spitball pressed on the same hole (the base side)....were they also playing spitball? WTF???

Laptop is definitely going back to Amazon but Jesus, Quality Control fail.

2. /user/me macrumors 6502

Feb 28, 2011
    As far as the unibody being bent, have you tried it on another surface, because it could be the table it was sitting on. I would still bring it back to apple though, just because of the other things that happened with it.
  3. n19htmare, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

n19htmare thread starter macrumors member

Sep 4, 2009
    I have tried multiple surfaces. Glass, granite countertops, work desks. 101% positive it's bent :(.

I've sent it back to Amazon, even if it wasn't wobbling, I'm not keeping it because of the other things. Simply because I don't know the extent of where all the metal shavings went,.

This experience is definitely leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Especially considering its an Apple product.

I did however consider keeping it because all those shavings could infact have been magical pixie dust. More the merrier right?

I Kinda just am interested in knowing they story behind it haha.

EDIT: I did not realize how censored Macrumor forums are.... yikes.