Were you offered AppleCare+ for your ATT iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by truthiness, Oct 10, 2011.

1. truthiness macrumors regular

I was not offered AppleCare+ through my ATT phone order, and I'm seeing mixed requirements for when it needs to be purchased.

I just called ATT and the rep says they do not sell AppleCare at all online...

BS or what?

2. autigerMark macrumors member

autigerMark

See my thread on this issue:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1245565

3. NoHo macrumors 6502

I was never offered it, and that really made me mad because apparently you can only add it at time of purchase.

4. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

Just bring your phone to an Apple Store, show them the phone (not broken) and they should let you buy AppleCare+.

5. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

If we wanted to go to the Apple store, we wouldn't have pre-ordered in the first place. The Apple store is the last place I really want to be on launch day. Been there done that... it's not for the faint of heart.

6. NoHo macrumors 6502

I would like to avoid the Apple Store for the first week after launch if at all possible. It will be a zoo.

I wish Apple would let you add it now, before you receive it.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah, but you're not there to buy an iPhone. You can pretend to be on the phone while you walk past everyone in line...

Ummm, wait. How would they know you have a 4S and not a 4? Hmmmm, never mind.

Anyways, you'd go straight to a blue shirt and ask about AppleCare. While you wait you can play with the MacBook Airs. :D

8. truthiness thread starter macrumors regular

The plan will be to take my sealed 4S's to an Apple Store to buy AppleCare+ until I hear that there is another acceptable policy put in place.