Western Computer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by justinomg, Nov 22, 2008.

1. justinomg macrumors member

I'm thinking about purchasing my first Mac (iMac, incase you're wondering) from Western, who are an Apple Premium Reseller. I was just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with them before, and what was your experience like?

A forum and Google search didn't yield me any information, so I thought I'd ask the users on here.

http://www.western.co.uk/

2. maccaa macrumors newbie

Which Western are you thinking of? I only know the Bristol branch. When I bought my first Mac, there was a really helpful guy called Mat but he seems to have left. I have had a recent repair done there, which to be fair is now ok but it did take me 4 trips in total (1 hr round trip each) and one of the guys on reception is so arrogant its not true, I would have thought with the new apple store around the corner they would be pulling out the stops but.... I can't comment on the rest of the guys there.

Cheers

Maccaa

3. Igantius macrumors 65816

Only experience of the Bristol branch - pretty good and I wouldn't worry about any of branches.

Generally, I think a lot of their income comes from training, support and other services aimed at businesses, so the Apple Store wouldn't affect them in these areas.

But unprofessional behaviour is unprofessional behaviour....