Western Digital Hard Drives...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cujoca, Nov 16, 2007.

1. cujoca macrumors regular

I've decided to go and get another External Hard Drive for my photo/hd video editing and I was wondering which one is better? I've narrowed it down to two and price is not an issue...So here it goes:

Western My Book™ Studio Edition™ - 1TB

OR

My Book™ Pro Edition™ II - 1TB

If any owners could tell me the positives and negatives of each or which one you think would be better that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

2. brepublican macrumors 6502a

brepublican

I have a 500GB MyBook Premium partitioned three ways, one Tiger, one Leopard, the other for my Windows box. So far, its been holding up really well, and I'm thankful for the FW400.

I did quite a bit of research before getting it, and it seems to be mostly positive reviews, though there's bound to be people with differing experiences.

Goodluck!

Oops. Just re-read that. Owners of the "1TB Pro or Studio". My bad. Please disregard.

3. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

thanks very much anyways, just bought the 1 TB studio and I love it!
    SOOOOO QUIET! and small...lol
    anyways, thanks a lot for reading this everyone!

4. mike12806 macrumors 6502

I have a WD MyBook Standard 500 gig that I used for backup on tiger and now use for time machine....no problems here :cool:

5. f1 macrumors 6502

I have a My Book Pro edition and it works alright for the most part. The fan noise is quite excessive if you have sensitive ears.

6. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

I used to use MyBooks but I had a couple with bad firewire ports (wouldn't mount) so I switch to Seagate.