Westinghouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cplusON3R, Sep 4, 2008.

1. cplusON3R macrumors regular

2. Bubba Satori macrumors 601

Bubba Satori

I sell computers and peripherals and I would avoid it unless you absolutely can't afford anything else. You're going to be looking at your monitor for years. Try to get a better quality monitor like an Apple. Or if you want to spend less and get newer technology that is updated more often than Apple's, a Dell, HP or a Samsung. Hth and good luck.

3. cplusON3R thread starter macrumors regular

I figured as much... just thought maybe this was a diamond in the rough type deal. I guess the samsung I was looking at will do.. wouldve been sweet to have a 37" paired with my mbp...

thanks mang

4. Bubba Satori macrumors 601

Bubba Satori

Yer welcome. I know it's tempting to get that much screen real estate for so few dollars, but I think you'd be disappointed and then it goes from being a good value to a waste of money.

5. dborja macrumors 6502a

I had 17" widescreen Westinghouse and was quite happy with it. It had both DVI-D and SVGA inputs so I was able to switch between my MiniMac and my Windoze box by just pushing one front button. The picture quality was good.

6. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I use a Westinghouse monitor and couldn't be happier with it, I've even connected via dvi/hdmi to my Westinghouse 42" and it looks fantastic.

7. cplusON3R thread starter macrumors regular

argh! I wish there was a store around me that had one on display.. I know bestbuy sells westinghouse but those are never calibrated properly... screw it... I'll go to bestbuy.. who knows.. they might have one in stock and on display.. I need to buy the new macross blu-ray anyway.. so thats a good excuse.:p

8. dborja macrumors 6502a

I did get mine from BestBuy. You're right, they're typically not calibrated properly at the store displays. Good luck!

9. MacBass macrumors 6502

MacBass

You'll also be disappointed when your 30" ACD tanks out on you. Technology is bound to die, that's the risk we all take, so find something that looks good - window shop locally - and order the exact same model if you see it elsewhere for a better price.