Wet Apple Watch Screen Still Useless?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iFanaddic, Sep 7, 2016.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

The current Apple Watch is unusable under water, the screen becomes unresponsive and my finger is simply unrecognized. Now that apple watch series 2 is water proof and not just water resistant has apple done anything to adress that issue?

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I doubt it, I think this is a limitation of a touch screen. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

3. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Samsung has screen that works with wet hand and water

4. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Yes my friends' S7 works very well underwater

5. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I hope that it does. If my watch can officially go underwater for snorkeling or simple swimming I hope i can reset laps or end workouts without wasting time drying off to push the screen.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

They made no mention of it being usable underwater so I wouldn't hold my breath (unless you're under water with no heat, then yes, hold your breath).

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Thanks, I wonder why. Maybe has to do with the force/3D touch functionality?

8. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

9. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

most people don't snorkel to a depth of 164ft just saying. Most people don't even scuba that low. I believe that the rating states it can go to 50m but there is a time limit it can stay at that depth before leaking or imploding. I wouldn't go anywhere below 20ft with this new watch rating and that is well within the 50ft safety zone. At 20ft (not using scientific calculations for this answer) I would assume your safe to stay at that depth for several minutes before issues arise with the watch. The deeper you go the time significantly reduces in how long you can stay at the deeper depths.

hope that made sense, not enough coffee yet.