Wet application vs. Dry for iphone films?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by VTAb182, Jun 29, 2010.

1. VTAb182 macrumors regular

In your experience, have you had better luck with wet or dry application films? To me, it seems that bubble and such would be much easier to get out with the we applications, but how do they compare over time?

2. bugnout09 macrumors newbie

bugnout09

3. VTAb182 thread starter macrumors regular

4. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I myself like the Dry vs the Wet, The wet doesn't have that nice crystal look to it and feels grippy, not to mention the orange peel look to it. The Dry is easier to install and once its done your not waiting for it to dry and seeing micro bubbles or anything. This is just my opinion.

5. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I'm not that experienced, but I'll try to answer based on what I've used so far.

Wet - I've used Bodyguardz, BSE and Zagg. They all have the orange peel, and they're all slightly rubbery. They don't have the smooth, glass feel. BUT they last forever and they stay put. To install you have to spray the film and your fingers, lay the film on on your phone, then squeegee the liquid out. Then wait for it to clear up because it always looks cloudy for about a day. Bodyguardz is the best of the 3. Much clearer and smoother.

Dry - I've only used SGP crystal clear and SGP anti-fingerprint. The crystal clear looks and feels like you have nothing on your screen. They're not as thick as the wet films. Installs very easily, you just lay it on your screen. Same with the anti-fingerprint, but that one is obviously not invisible. But they lift off pretty easily. When you're putting on a case, you have to be very careful not to catch the screen protector and warp it.