Wet apply of static films? Newer SGP oleophobic

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RebeccaL, Apr 3, 2011.

1. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I keep reading on various posts that some people use a wet application method on dry films (PS and SGP).

Can you share your techniques and experiences using the wet apply on these films? Also is the adhesion as good as when applied dry?

I am interested since I have never had problems with dust, but I do have problems aligning it properly.

Aslo some questions about the SGP oleophobic:

1. Meltdownblitz mentioned in another thread that now instead of the single large speaker/cam cutout they have two separate ones. Do you have any pics? That single cutout was the only thing keeping me away from the oleo.

2. Why there is no back protector version of the SGP Oleo?

2. Meltdownblitz, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Not sure about your wet apply methods to dry apply films but I do know some people have been doing that. I personally had a friend at Att install my film for me because I am horrible at it. He aligned it perfect and went on easy without dust.

And about your question about the 2 separate cutouts for the oleo film, I'll take a pic for you of mine and edit this post and post it here. I'm still loving my oleo film though. And not to sure why they don't have a back oleo film, I'm sure they will soon though, another company just came out with a oleo back film that larry greenburg just reviewed recently, but if SGP comes out with a oleo back, I'll pick it up.

[​IMG]

3. asdad123 macrumors regular

Its pretty easy to put on the SGP protectors. A word of advice is to do it in a bathroom after running a hot shower for a little until it steams up a bit. This will make sure there is as little dust as possible flying around.

If you do get some dust under the screen, use two pieces of duck tape. Put one on the protector to lift it up and then the second piece to grab a hold of the dust. I just took two pieces of dust out from underneath my Ultra Optics SGP.

4. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

@Meltdownblitz

Thanks! The new cut looks great. What is the other company that has an oleo? I did not found it on larry's page.

@asdad123

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunatelly my problem is not with dust but with aligment.

And for the curious, here is how the old SGP Oleo used to look like:

[​IMG]

5. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

The product that Larry reviewed can be found here: http://www.thehishop.com/

They have the back oleo protectors but the front cutout is a single opening and not separate cutouts.

As a side note, when SGP first released their oleophobic protectors they were separate cutouts and somewhere down the line they decided to switch to a single cutout (not sure why).

6. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Thanks for the link.

Now I am confused. You say that SGP first made the oleo protectors with two cuts and then one cut.

Does the current oleos have single or double cut?

7. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I don't know. I haven't purchased the oleos since they first came out. Someone else who has purchased more recently will have to answer that.