Wet battery

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Graeme43, May 26, 2008.

  1. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

    Graeme43

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2006
    Location:
    Great Britain (Glasgow)
    #1
    Hi :D

    Well as accidents happen my 1.5 year old MacBooks battery got wet in a spill last night and it had 90% something charge in it, but now when I press the button none of the lights light up to say it has charge. I don't really know if the battery is now considered dead or what... has anyone got experience on this? I can't really find anything on this other than whole laptops getting wet! :eek:

    Any idea if its dead? :confused: I'm paranoid that it might fry the MacBook if I put it in to see if it still works :rolleyes:

    Thanks :D
     
  2. unixfool macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2006
    Location:
    Northern VA
    #2
    IMO, I'd just start looking for a new battery. And don't test the battery by putting it in any Macbook, unless you want gamble on a Macbook.

    12 hours isn't usually enough time for enclosed electronics to dry out, either. There hasn't been too many wet batteries that magically begun to work, in my experience, even 3 days later. A battery is considered an electrical component after all, even with chemicals inside.
     
  3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

    SFStateStudent

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2007
    Location:
    San Francisco California, USA
    #3
    New battery and a visit to the Apple Store, to make sure nothing else is fried! Be careful. :eek::cool:
     

Share This Page