Wet iphone 3GS and now won't stay off.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jingles8302, Mar 12, 2010.

1. jingles8302 macrumors member

Jun 16, 2009
    Hello all i recently had my iphone fall out of my pocket getting out of my car and it was raining. It didn't get soaked but it landed face down on a wet ground. and it still powers on fine and works good but it keeps turning itself on and also displays a "This accessory is not made to work with iphone. would you like to turn on airplane mode to reduce interference?" i know i can put it in rice for a few days but it won't stay off. any suggestions anyone? Thanks.
  2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

Feb 19, 2008
    Sounds like you have some bridging activation of the 30 pin connection port (it thinks it's being plugged-in). Clean/dry the port with any of the many ways previously described in MacRumors.
  3. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    Put it in rice anyway and let it run out of power on its own.
  4. callumacrae macrumors newbie

Oct 31, 2009
    Happened to me. I just put it in the airing cupboard for a few hours and it was fine.

5. RabidBear macrumors member

Jan 19, 2006
    San Diego CA
    I've had two iPhones (3G/3GS) get completely submerged in liquid. Both came back up fine after they had ample time to dry. Placing it in a ziplock bag full of rice worked fine for me but took about a week to fully dry out. Opening the phone and blow drying it also worked, but this is not for the faint of heart. YMMV
  6. Bobocharlie macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2010
    Wet Iphone-

Put the phone in a container with dry rice and silica- will dry out in 24-36 hours. Mine got wet Thurs night- packed it in rice immediately, added silica Friday night- was dry and fully operational Sat morning- no lost data. Good luck.

PS- You can get silica at a craft store- used to dry flowers........just be sure to keep it away from pets.