Wet iPhone 4! Please help!

sammibethxx111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2013
Yesterday (monday) I accidentally dropped my iphone 4 into a toilet. it was in there for no more than 20 seconds, and immediately shut off once it was removed from the water. I thought this meant it short circuited, but I still went home and stuck it in rise. It's been 24 hrs and I tried to charge the phone. It lit up with the apple sign like it was charging for a few seconds and then went black,and kept switching between the charging screen and the blank screen. Is this a good sign? It is back in the water now.

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Every week, I swear there is one toilet post. Am wondering whether you are serious. :D

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
Not sure why you put it back in water, that probably wasn't the best idea. ;-)

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I want a toilet proximity app for my iOS devices. They should start emitting a steady scream when the accelerometer goes and blub blub blub when in the drink.

Yea back in the water seemed odd.

FYI it's drowned, time to get an OoW replacement from Apple.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
I would let it dry out much longer. Even take it apart and dry out all the components individually.

applejuice99

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2013
Yesterday (monday) I accidentally dropped my iphone 4 into a toilet. it was in there for no more than 20 seconds, and immediately shut off once it was removed from the water. I thought this meant it short circuited, but I still went home and stuck it in rise. It's been 24 hrs and I tried to charge the phone. It lit up with the apple sign like it was charging for a few seconds and then went black,and kept switching between the charging screen and the blank screen. Is this a good sign? It is back in the water now.
I did a similar thing with my iPod 4th gen. I tried to dry it out in rice, after 48 hrs i charged it, everything worked, however when i unplugged it it all went off. So I assumed I had shorted the battery. Does your cut off when you take it off charge? And why did you put in in water, that cracked me up a bit