Wet iPhone 4! Please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sammibethxx111, May 21, 2013.

1. sammibethxx111 macrumors newbie

Yesterday (monday) I accidentally dropped my iphone 4 into a toilet. it was in there for no more than 20 seconds, and immediately shut off once it was removed from the water. I thought this meant it short circuited, but I still went home and stuck it in rise. It's been 24 hrs and I tried to charge the phone. It lit up with the apple sign like it was charging for a few seconds and then went black,and kept switching between the charging screen and the blank screen. Is this a good sign? It is back in the water now.

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Every week, I swear there is one toilet post. Am wondering whether you are serious. :D

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. maliu macrumors 6502a

Not sure why you put it back in water, that probably wasn't the best idea. ;-)

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I want a toilet proximity app for my iOS devices. They should start emitting a steady scream when the accelerometer goes and blub blub blub when in the drink.

Yea back in the water seemed odd.

FYI it's drowned, time to get an OoW replacement from Apple.

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

LOL. That cracked me up too, but since he misspelled rice, am going to assume he meant rice, not water.

7. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I would let it dry out much longer. Even take it apart and dry out all the components individually.

8. applejuice99 macrumors member

I did a similar thing with my iPod 4th gen. I tried to dry it out in rice, after 48 hrs i charged it, everything worked, however when i unplugged it it all went off. So I assumed I had shorted the battery. Does your cut off when you take it off charge? And why did you put in in water, that cracked me up a bit

9. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I'm sure OP meant to say back in rice. Hopefully. lol