Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pixellated

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Earlier today, my iPhone got wet. I knew what to do - Switch off, put in rice etc...

I tried to switch it off, it didn't - straight from spinning cog to apple logo and back on again. Everything else works perfectly - the only other problem was it thought it had headphones plugged in, but then I dried it with a hairdryer and it was fine.

It will still not switch off, unless it is connected to the charger and charging (v. strange)

EDIT: If I switch it off while plugged in, then unplug it, it will switch on straight away.
Thanks

VydorScope

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
put it in rice till you get an answer. YOu need to get that moisture out of is ASAP.

VydorScope

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
It is in rice now, thanks.

If no one else comes up with something better you could run the battery down by streaming nexflix or something. In a couple hours the batter be dead, possibly before an answer is posted.

Do you have APpleCare+? Or Squaretrade?

Pixellated

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Neither :(

VydorScope

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011

If it does not work after drying out, take it to a Apple store. Some people have reported that they have had success getting phone fixed regardless. Others have said they have gotten replacements for $199. Worth a shot. Then buy AppleCare :D

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
If it does not work after drying out, take it to a Apple store. Some people have reported that they have had success getting phone fixed regardless. Others have said they have gotten replacements for $199. Worth a shot. Then buy AppleCare :D

Applecare doesn't cover a water damaged phone anyway. The warranty is void. Get the $199 Apple replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.