wet itouch - battery shot - help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by happle, Aug 9, 2010.

1. happle macrumors 6502a

ok so i left my itouch in my backpack and i had some beer and ice in there. the ice bag broke and i didnt notice it but it soaked my ipod and it sat wet for a night.

the next day i took it out, put it in a bag of rice for a day, then let it sit in the sun for a bit.

when i connected it to the charger it did charge and i did see the battery indicator but when i took it off it was stuck in recovery mode. so i restored it in itunes, at first i got an error but then it worked. my itouch seemed to be working perfect except for when i got back home the ipod was dead after being in standby for a few hours. im guessing the battery got damaged. now whats the best way i go about replacing the battery for the cheapest?

also if the ipod seems to be working ok besides the battery life, is anything else likely to fail?

2. lanulos macrumors regular

try iresq.com. I had a good experience with them. Battery replacement will probably run you about $50 including shipping.

3. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Nothing seems wrong to me other than the battery. You could buy a battery for probably $20 on eBay, and then buy an installation kit, and then you can self install it, if youre ok with this type of thing.

4. lanulos macrumors regular

I took apart an ipt Gen1 once. The battery is glued in and there are ribbon cables under it, so taking it out is tricky. Also the battery is soldered to the circuit board. Happle doesn't say what model he has but I'm pretty sure the battery will also be glued and soldered in on later models as well.

5. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

i have the 3rd gen 64gb model. and how hard is it to install the battery myself? seems beyond my abilities if i have to unsolder. i can replace things like hard drives, ram and such in my laptop, but im no expert haha.

also what brand of aftermarket battery's hold as good of a charge as the stock apple?

and so you guys dont think any further damage will occur if it hasent already?

it just seems the battery dies very fast now.