We've Been "Spoofed"

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by BetsyMePoocho, Jun 17, 2013.

1. BetsyMePoocho macrumors member

BetsyMePoocho

We are getting from 15 to 25 e-mails daily that have our address in the "From" header. We need to change our e-mail address........

Our account is in iCloud and everything I''m reading states that the address can't be changed as we have an "@mac.com" address. And I can't find a road map of what to do.

Do I set up a complete new iCloud account? What would be the trickel down by doing that?

If the old account is removed from our iMac is it just "abandoned" or is it deleated?

Can our iTunes account be changed to reflect the new address?

This has to have happened to someone else. I have looked everywhere for advise..... any pointers would be helpfull.....

Thanks....

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Just ignore it. Normally stops after a week or two.

3. bripab007 macrumors 6502

This happens all the time in the world of spam. They're actually just spoofing the FROM: display header field, not the FROM: envelope header.

You should forward a few of them to spam@me.com address. You should get a confirmation from Apple shortly after doing this they received it and will look into the problem.

4. BetsyMePoocho thread starter macrumors member

BetsyMePoocho

Thank you so very much... we got 10 more yesterday....... Took your advise and forwarded them.

Good advise.......

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Someone with your Address saved has a Virus or Trojan on their system. Did you check the headers in one of the messages yet to see where it is really coming from.

Also you might have used your email address in a message board posting and a 'spider' caught it and is using it in it's 'from' address. You should really learn from message boards how to put your email address (like Email Tim Cook) and not put your full email address in a message board again.

6. BetsyMePoocho thread starter macrumors member

BetsyMePoocho

Good advise.... OK now,,, being a bit slow how do I really check the header... And maybe I should change my e-mail address in my forums and not use my primary... what do you think?