We've Done Sketchbook - How about Drawings with ArtStudio

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iRabbit, May 7, 2010.

1. iRabbit macrumors 6502

I have Sketchbook Pro too, but I've been playing around with ArtStudio. It's pretty nice for only 99¢

[​IMG]

Share YOUR drawings done with it too!

(edit - I changed the title and cost... For some reason I remember the app being free, but I must have it confused with something else... it was only 99¢ though!)

2. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Great work! Looks Amazing. Art Studio is also pretty fast in terms of controls.

3. MicroByte macrumors 6502

Hmmm, I thought ArtStudio was $0.99, not free?

Anyways, here are the drawings I've done so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My latest and favorite:

[​IMG]

4. iRabbit thread starter macrumors 6502

You're right! OOPS! For some reason I thought it was free... I must be thinking of another app!

5. MicroByte macrumors 6502

Maybe Adobe Ideas?

*edit*

Forgot to say, wicked car drawing, I love it!

6. iRabbit thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope... I don't have that one. I know PhotoPad by Zagg was free, so maybe I'm thinking of that...

NICE drawings by the way!!

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Actually some of the drawings in the sketchbook thread are done in brushes, and layers pro (as well as ArtStudio) so maybe we should start new threads for every single app ;)

8. MicroByte macrumors 6502

Here's my latest! It's CQB from Halo. I've got the figure on my desk and love this variant most!

This also done using ArtStudio for iPad.

[​IMG]

9. DKatri macrumors 6502

@MicroByte: just wow. How long do those take you?!

10. lotusindigo macrumors regular

lotusindigo

Sketchbook Pro and ArtStudio seem to be the best because they have the simulated brush pressure feature. And it's evident from the art that people are able to create using them. Do any of the other apps have this feature?

11. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

12. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Brushes.

13. MicroByte macrumors 6502

The Daisy and River scene took about 2 days each to do. I was mostly just playing with ArtStudio's tools to see what I could do.

The Bowser's Castle drawing took just over a week and the CQB was just around a week. I honestly thing the CQB was the hardest just because everything had to look just right with proportions and detail. The boots and helmet were probably the most difficult parts. I actually had the gold glass on the helmed all shaded and detailed for a while without the finished helmet until the very end because I could not get the look to come out!

14. MicroByte macrumors 6502

Here's my latest one, a portrait of my cat Smokie. This was done on an iPad using the ArtStudio App.

I really had a hard time trying to figure out how to paint the fur, but am more than happy with the results.

Surprisingly, the ear was probably the one of the most difficult part since it is so plain looking at first site.

I really am proud of this painting and think it's true to life!

[​IMG]

15. bjobes macrumors regular

Wow this is one of the best yet I'd say. You really captured the eyes. Just beautiful.