WFT for support???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krandor, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Krandor macrumors 6502

I dropped my iphone on carpet with a case on it and for some reason I now get nothing on screen and a white line on the right side of the screen.

So I go online from my web browser to setup a genius appointment so I can get it looked at and they want to send a freaking verification code to my device before letting me set an appointment. My device is broke... I cannot get a verification message.

What do I do now? Just show up at the Apple store and hope they have time to help me?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. Krandor thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried that. Once I put in my apple ID and password they sent a verification code to my device which I cannot access so I'm stuck.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 17, 2016 ---
    upload_2016-12-17_23-30-28.png

I can't access my device. That is why I need help...
    I tried to do live chat and they want serieal number I also cannot access.. this is ridiulous.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The serial number should be on the bottom of the box.
    But let me guess, you dont have access to that either :D
    Always have more than 1 device setup to receive those security verification codes. As you can see if you lost or broke your device you will have no way to get in your Apple account.

5. Krandor thread starter macrumors 6502

I am on the att next program so yeah used the box to send my iPhone 6s back when I hit my 7.

There should be other options. This sucks. I'm on my computer with no way to get help.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

iphone6s-SIM-card-illustration.png
    Lol :D
    Sorry man, I think the sim tray of the iPhone 7 still has the phones IMEI number printed on it so you can use that when you call them.
    Or just walk right in at the Apple store and hope for the best.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204073

7. Krandor thread starter macrumors 6502

Guess I'll head to my Apple Store tomorrow and if they want to tell me I need an appointment point out I can't get one and see how it goes.

8. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I thought it was a text or a phone call. I had an issue when I first got my 7 and the iMessage was all jacked up. There was an option to call and I got the code that way.

9. Applejuiced, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have to set it to use a phone number.
    You can select a device and then you can also select a phone number.
    If you just setup it up to use your iPhone then that's the only device that can get the code and it doesn't matter if you stick your sim to another device.
    It will only send to that device.

TRUSTED PHONE NUMBERS
    +1 (***) ***-****
    +1 (***) ***-****
    TRUSTED DEVICES
    iPad Mini
    (iPad mini)
    iPad
    (iPad)
    iPhone 7
    (iPhone 7 Plus)

10. Krandor thread starter macrumors 6502

Right but I have no screen on my phone at all right now so can't get a text or call. My phone is pretty much dead.
    So no support for me and I just have a dead phone I can't do anything with. Boo.

11. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

No my phone was not receiving iMessage but it would take calls. It was an option for me at least.

Wasn't sure if the phone part worked, thought I would at least bring it up.

12. Krandor thread starter macrumors 6502

Appreciate it. Once it star6ed the white line I tried to do a reset with the holding of power and home. After that the phone appears to just be dead. So no way to get serial number or verification code.

13. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

You may to have to wait at your Apple without an appointment if Others are ahead of you, but they won't turn you away based on your situation. Good luck.

14. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

If you can get to an Apple Store around 30 minutes before they open on a morning and wait outside you'll usually see someone within around 30 minutes or so after they open. I had to do this recently because theres never any appointments available at my nearest store when l check online.
    Cheers