Wh... what in the hell just happened? Keyboard/trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by extraordinaire, Jul 1, 2008.

1. extraordinaire macrumors newbie

So I posted last time about how my keyboard and trackpad stopped working on my MacBook. For about three days or so now I've been using a wireless keyboard and mouse. Just a minute ago, however, the keyboard and trackpad started working again (and I just ordered a new Dell laptop too, after feeling frustrated with my MacBook that keeps breaking down)

I'm happy now, but seriously.. what just happened? Will my trackpad/keyboard continue working or is this some weird glitch. I'm so confused...:confused:

2. extraordinaire thread starter macrumors newbie

wow nevermind. It just stopped working again.

Can someone tell me what in the hell is going on? Please?:(

3. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Possibly something loose in the area of the keyboard/logicboard connection ?

How old is the MacBook ?

Any warranty cover ?

4. extraordinaire thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow this is bizarre. I just shut the lid of my MacBook and put it to sleep, and now my keyboard/trackpad work again.

My MacBook is a little over a year old so I have no warranty coverage. I stupidly didn't get AppleCare. Do you or anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance

5. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Go to Apple and tell them what happened, maybe its some weird glitch that can be sorted cheaply :)

If not argue that the laptop is just out of warranty and that it is ridiculous that you should have to get it repaired, you never know what they might say ;)

6. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

Once in class I had this (or a very similar) problem. Obviously a problem, as I could neither take notes nor amuse myself. After that 1.5 hours of opening and closing my laptop, it never happened again. Not that day, not ever. I'm just as clueless as you.