Whale Wars on Animal Planet!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mantic, Nov 28, 2008.

1. mantic macrumors 6502a

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Damn, I thought it was going to be a video of fat chicks fighting on a beach. I've seen that. There was a lot of splashing and growling through clenched teeth.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If you insist, you can watch that here.

I've tried watching WW but it just doesn't interest me. I fell asleep both times.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The video you posted involved something much hotter....

5. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I watched two episodes of it.

It was interesting, but I've got to say the people are complete idiots and extremists.

They decided to get on a boat, speed up to a Japanese whaling ship, come right up next to it and throw stink bombs and other things onto their ship. Then have two people jump aboard with expecting to be treated nicely. They get detained so the Wale huggers call up the press and say that their crew members are being held hostage.

I understand they are working for a cause and what the Japanese are doing is wrong but they are putting people up to doing dangerous things.

6. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

They are all adults and aren't being forced against their will to be there. They know the risks and they don't have to be there. If anyone gets hurt or get into any trouble, it is all on them.

With that said, if they feel passionately about what they are doing, let them. While I don't agree completely with what they are doing, I can at least understand why.

7. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

My only worry is that this group is going to end up in a confrontation with a military ship and the whole thing could end UGLY in that case. :(

8. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I find WW hilarious. The ship has about 30 activists on board and only two or three mariners. Did anybody else see the first episode where they dumped a zodiac (and a few people) into the Antarctic water on a practice launch? Classic!