Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaftZombie

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
Washington State
I thought I had become used to my 13" MBP screen, but after using a 20" today for a while minutes I really thinking about going for a monitor for home use. The monitor was a Hanns G which I found for about $120 online. Whether or not the display is anything special or amazing doesn't bother me- it looked good and (most importantly) it was big. Budget of about $250, wouldn't really want to spend more than that.

I'm also looking into some HP monitors like this one-http://www.amazon.com/HP-2310m-Full-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B003I84KH0/ref=dp_cp_ob_pc_title_1

My only concern is that going back and forth between the two that the 13" will seem tiny like it did the first time I used it. Experiences?

ktang

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2010
My home monitor is a Samsung XL2370, which is a 23" 1080p LED backlit monitor. Very crisp and clear picture, so I'd recommend that. Not sure on price in the US...

I would get what ryanrich has for your budget. I have the newer version of this which is the PX2370, should run you about 360+tax if you're willing to spend a little more. But like what ryanrich said, the monitor is very clear, crisp, and bright.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.