Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

premierpark

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016

parker5011

macrumors regular
May 17, 2018
Hi!

I want to buy a wireless charger for my iPhone X.
I looked at the following:

Belkin Boost Up Special Edition
Moshi Otto Q Wireless Charging Pad
Mophie wireless charging base
iOttie iON Wireless Plus Fast Charging Pad

Currently, the price is not decisive. I want to buy a very good quality charger.
I wear my phone in UAG cases, so I also have to pay attention to charge it without removing it from the case.
Which is most recommended? Other?

I have the iOttie and we love it. We found it at target for $10 though. I’d go with a cheaper, highly rated charger on amazon. I have chargers all over the house/office and didn’t pay more that $15 for any of them.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
I replaced the Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Pad which Apple sold with an Anker:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MP1Y4H5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Belkin was a pain to use as you had to position it just right to get it to charge. I want a charging light to confirm that it is working. I can just throw my XS on the Anker and it always charges. It has a light, and I think it supports high watt charging.

For cable charging I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078S7YKHY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the cable lights up while it is charging. You can tell where the device is in the charging process by the speed at which the lights move.

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
I'll second the Anker line. After Apple, they have the highest quality I've seen.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
I use my Samsung one I bought for my Note 8. I s really likenit because it uses USB type C. I would suggest that . You can turn it into a stand or lay it flat.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Reactions: compwiz1202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.