What 4g means referring to Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by captainmuggles, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainmuggles macrumors newbie

I logged in to MacRumors a few minutes ago and was surprised to see an article about people thinking that the Newest Iphone runs on a 4G Network. It does not. Apple does not have an I phone functioning on a 4G network. The 4G reference in some promo advertising simply means 4TH GENERATION! I personally think it is worded that way in order to dupe some unknowledgeable people into purchasing it. I work for Radio Shack and have been employed there for 15 years. We had many, many people unknowingly attempt to purchase these "4G" Iphones thinking that they ran on a 4G network. Please don't try to refute my information, because I have been involved in Iphone sales on a day to day basis. I don't mean to sound paranoid, but I have been called out by some forum members on another thread I started that in the words of the moderator turned into a "War Zone" because some members insinuated that I was exaggerating my point and not telling the truth. I started this thread just to give some explanatory information as to the meaning of "4G'' when used by Apple. Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Please contribute to the thread already in progress, the news thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.