What a boring Apple event

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by d5aqoëp, Mar 25, 2019.

1. d5aqoëp macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

I saw the Apple Event today and it was boring to the point of me getting disgusted with Apple. Maybe the best part was availability of live DTH like channels in the new Apple TV app and coming to macOS.

Everyone was forced to say “We are really excited to announe this/that”. But clearly everyone was faking their enthusiasm. Apple staff placed at strategic location in the theatre was giving the applause like Dolby Atmos effect. Maybe few were clapping from ceiling as well.

Rest was just boring. Where is macPro?

2. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Yep. All of the hype and hints having to do with services and TV, I cannot imagine why Apple did not release any hardware today. *sigh* When will it end?

3. bbfc macrumors 68040

You were disgusted??? Maybe you need to have a word with yourself. Honestly.

It was an event to launch their new subscription service(s). It was never about hardware.

4. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68000

Freakonomics101

I have to agree that it was quite boring. The most interesting thing to me is the Apple Card. Wouldn’t have been a bad idea to add a couple small upgrades to the iPhone SE with a starting price of $359. It isn’t much but that would definitely help boost sales.

I expected this to be boring anyway. I am completely happy with my iPad Pro 10.5, iPhone X and iPhone SE. It will be difficult for them to sway me into upgrading from any of my devices.

5. Radon87000 macrumors 604

Timmy seems to have completely run out of ideas at this point. iPhone is starting to sputter and he has nothing innovative to replace it.

6. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

I can only speak for myself. But when’s I heard Apple credit card - I am hearing echoes from the past - like when Sears diverged it’s attention into financials - starting a credit card, insurance company and a broker; how GE focused on random things like mortgages and CDO’s...

7. StellarVixen macrumors 68000

StellarVixen

8. C DM, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019

C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Sounds like at least a good part of it is probably related to it being simply about things that you (and various others) weren't really interested in.

9. HobbesInVA macrumors regular

HobbesInVA

It was really pointless event. Why announce services with the exception of Apple News+ that don't go live until "TBD" date?!

10. trifid macrumors 68000

trifid

Yea, it was painful to see most of them even the Hollywood stars seemed uncomfortable and had trouble faking the excitement.

11. HobbesInVA macrumors regular

HobbesInVA

Once I saw the Hollywood stars, I turned off the feed. I don't care for Hollywood.

12. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

But that aspect of it was pretty much known and expected essentially.

13. jdclifford macrumors 6502

Timmy ran out of Steve's ideas years ago.

14. HobbesInVA macrumors regular

HobbesInVA

That is true. I was anticipating it.

15. Loki.Mephisto, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019

Loki.Mephisto macrumors 6502a

Loki.Mephisto

Germany / Austria - Mozart, no Kangaroos!
    Not that I disagree. That said, even though I have no use for any of the "products" announced today, I believe those services will generate quite some revenue, probably more than the Mac division, pretty soon. What might be even more reason for Apple to disregard the computer market in the (near) future.

I wonder why they even bother to sell computers any more, it seems nothing but an annoyance for Mr. Cook and his lieutenants

16. turbineseaplane macrumors 601

turbineseaplane

I'm happy I didn't even watch.

I get the substantive information that I care more for by seeing reaction and reading articles after the fact.

The fluff, the hyperbole, the celebrities...which is basically all the events are now...
    I can simply pass on all of that

17. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

Anyone expecting hardware at this event hasn’t been following the news these past weeks. That’s why they pushed all the hardware last week. This was only about services

18. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

It’s only boring if you were expecting new hardware. I knew what it was going to be about which is why I didn’t waste my time with it.

But of course people love to complain.

19. Euroamerican macrumors regular

Euroamerican

Didn't watch. Simply not interested in what I gathered might be announced.

On the good side for Apple:

Last week's iPad Surprise did get my attention!

20. d5aqoëp thread starter macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

Does it take more than 2 years to design a modular computer like mac Pro? They could have at least provided some update about their progress.

21. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Seems like that wouldn't have happened at an event like this.

22. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Yes. How dare they not release the Mac Pro at an event that they made clear was solely for services and had nothing to do with hardware. How very dare they.

23. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

You mean exactly like they did with Apple Music? It's to create buzz. Apple knows what it is doing.

24. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

Trolling or real person?

This was a services event. There are plenty of other opportunities where Apple can show of a Mac Pro.

25. garethjs macrumors 6502a

Was pointless for anywhere other than the US as well

Even with news+ that Australia gets later this year I wonder how many magazines will sign on. I’m guessing less than 20... this compared to the 300 in the US