what a bummer...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by maddagascar, Apr 10, 2010.

1. maddagascar macrumors regular

well, i finally got an iphone. i've never jailbroken anything before. but it was my first time today.

i was so excited to get everything going, it was on 3.1.3 firmware cause previous owner bricked it and had it restored to 3.1.3.

so i was able to jail break it, hoping when i get fuzzyband i'd have 5.08, turns out i had 5.09... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(:(

off by one number. now i've got a useless iphone i was going to use for t-mobile.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

3. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

Haven't you heard of Factory Unlocked? (They are worth it trust me)

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, dont buy a pig in a blanket :)
    It was a very long shot you took thinking you could downgrade the baseband with fuzzyband in order to unlock it.

5. maddagascar thread starter macrumors regular

no, i never have..but i got this iphone for free. cause the previous owner bricked it when it was unlocked. she bought a new iphone and this was just sitting around and she said if i can fix it, i can have it. well it works. but not working how i want it too...haha.

well i hoped and researched for it. i mean, i got it jailbroken right now, so its pretty much like an ipod touch. :rolleyes:

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Just wait some time and see if they will release a new unlock for your current baseband.
    I wouldnt doubt it.

7. maddagascar thread starter macrumors regular

really? so it just takes time i take it huh? nothing is ever hack-proof?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly :D
    Solutions and options will be available in the future.
    And its not if but when.

9. maddagascar thread starter macrumors regular

yeah your right. i've been reaading about how people were excited in February when the hack would be available. but it looks as if this seems to have got them stumped. i hope not though. as it would suck for us people who can't unlock the phones anymore. :(

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

No, they are just waiting for the release of 4.0. Exploits are limited in number, and it makes no sense to burn one on a tiny incremental upgrade.

11. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

Well another option for you at this point would be, to go and buy an AT&T (pay as you go ) SIM, or a cheap month to month plan.

(Not sure how it is in the U.S and AT&T, but here in Canada you can pretty much walk into any Mobile carrier retailer and ask for a SIM with pay as you go minutes on it or get a month to month plan: without having the need to buy a new phone...and they shouldn't care what phone you use.)

Not sure how much you are committed to T-Mobile IF you don't have any commitments to them why don't you switch networks temporarily? Make sure you don't buy a commitment plan, and off you go, you got a perfectly working Phone and it's jailbroken.

So basically if you cannot "Unlock" your iPhone out of it's Jail, why don't you go and hang out with him IN THE LOCKED JAIL? :cool:

All jokes aside it's a logical step, if you have no other phones to use, and really want to get the (most) out of your iphone. Granted you can temporarily leave T-mobile