Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashenfang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Like everyone else, I had numerous problems trying to pre-order two iPhone 6+ phones through VZW.

I was using the edge program, (one phone is already on edge and I paid the "required" amount to edge up, the other was a contract to edge upgrade)

It was extremely confusing when it got to the part about plans and billing. I am already on the Share More plan 12gb so it was able to detect that I already had that and I selected the option to keep the same plan (on both orders since you have to do each edge order separately) But the part that is really confusing to me is who it outlined the monthly billing. I know the sales tax will be paid on the next bill. However, each upgrade did not reflect the $25.00 credit per line, per month that edge customers are supposed to get. It only showed $40.00/mo.......did anyone else notice this?

The billing should break down like this on each edge line

Share more 12gb $110.00/mo
Iphone 6+ Edge $42.35/mo (edge)
Insurance $10.00/mo
Smartphone access $40.00/mo
Edge Line Discount -$25.00/mo

Any edge line with VZW should get a $25.00 per month discount provided the plan is on the 10gb or higher Share More.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It will take a billing cycle or two for everything to shake out. I didn't get an EDGE discount until the second billing cycle so my initial bill was higher.

For stuff like this, I prefer going into store and deal directly with a human (or at the very least a salesman :p).

ashenfang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
I hear ya......humans are better at "seeing" what the issue at hand is. Frankly, I didn't not like the pre-order system, especially for edge orders that VZW was using.

I plan on calling them today to confirm my order and discounts. My first order went though with a deliver date of 9/19 and only minutes later, the second did show a deliver date of 9/19 but after the transaction was complete, displayed 10/7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.