What a crappy day... RANT warning.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Leareth, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

What a crappy day so far and the worst thing its not over yet.

So my day sucks so far.

Got yelled at by my boss, :confused:

got yelled at by my supervisor in front of 50 or so students in lecture hall. :confused:

Had my access revoked to certain parts of building by my boss - in the middle of doing something in said building. :mad:

Lost my pay cheque on the buses:eek:

Decide to go home early. find that laundry did not get done nor dishes nor garbage taken out - so the place stinks and looks like pig sty ( no offense to pigs)

And now I am getting a vicious headache and I have three things to do for tomorrow. :(

ON the other hand it could be worse and I could have implanted an RFID tag into myself again... :eek:

So share your bad experiences today or send me a virtual hug I could use one right now . : )

2. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

Hmm...I walked to school in the rain today, my lit teacher lost her voice almost completely over the weekend, I bombed my algebra assignment, I wound up almost getting sick again in Phys. Ed, and...I'm trying to tell the girl i like as much, and it isn't really working.......

But your day sucked rather a lot more than mine. But just think - tomorrow just has to be better!

Oh, and *virtual hug* - you sound like you need it.

3. Ish macrumors 68010

Ish

Here you go. Is this a big enough hug for you? And remember, tomorrow's a whole new day not started yet. Hope it's a good one! :)

Attached Files:

4. letsgorangers macrumors 6502

I hope that you get a good night's sleep and wake up to a better day. Sorry today sucked!

I'd post the lyrics to "Let it Be" again but I just did that the other day in another thread :eek: But just remember to simply "let it be".

Oh and following Ish's reply:
    [​IMG]

5. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I wrecked my company car a couple of weeks ago. (Yah, I got yelled at by the boss for that one...)
    I picked it up from the body shop yesterday. On the way home I stopped to get something to eat and promptly locked my keys and my cell phone in the car. Kind of shocking to watch a locksmith open the thing up in 30 seconds and charge you $45...

Take a deep breath, take an evening off when you get a chance, and keep your head up. There are times in your life when you will get more milage from how you handle the crap then the lengths you went to to avoid it....

6. jng macrumors 65816

jng

ANd I thought I had a bad day yesterday! Work was frustrating me slightly because I haven't been paid in two months. I hate German bureaucracy. And when I finally got the government person on the phone who's supposed to give me my money, they blame someone else and then tell me I'm not getting 2 months wages owed to me, but rather only a percentage of 1 month's wage by the end of the week (rent due tomorrow, will not be paid on time) and of course I have vacation next week but have no plans and am stuck in the city with no money and instead just cursing the damn government.

7. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Tomorrow's another day, hopefully it will be better .... :)

A friend of mine had this little saying:

When you're sad and feeling glum
    Stick your finger up ....... for the life of me I can't remember the last bit .. :eek:

8. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

This may help :)

Attached Files:

9. iRachel macrumors 6502a

yikes...I feel your pain on this one. :eek: how unprofessional of your supervisor.

10. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

Yes this one ticked me off the most.

They were students I am suppossed to be teaching/grading not my classmates.

So now what do I do - it middle of term and I still have two assigments to mark for them, of course they are going to challenge my marking.
    especially when the prof questioned my intelligence and ability to do anything right in front of them.

FYI - I did not do anything wrong the prof just lost it. there are legitimate reasons for the temper outburts but this was ridiculous.

11. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

I did think about it but I do not drink.

12. letsgorangers macrumors 6502

Are you a graduate assistant? I am, but fortunately do not have to teach. I do have people who think I am not the authority figure (since I don't even look like I'm in high school, muchless a grad student) and that can be frustrating.

13. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

Hmmm... let's see... was doing my laundry Sunday night after a 12-1/2 shift. Had to leave on a 4-day business trip Monday -- nice hotel, looking forward to it. Tripped over a curb carrying my laundry back out to the car. Fell down hard onto the asphalt, left wrist bent backwards, bones shattered, totally deformed. Ambulance ride to the ER, doc's there re-broke it to get the bones back in the right place. Cancelled business trip. Emergency surgery yesterday, back home today, lots of percocets to keep me company. Six weeks in a cast to go.

14. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Hmm....went to school. This jackass in my French class rehashed the time he drove me to a mental breakdown when we were in middle school in front of the whole class....and the teacher didn't even notice. Whatever. I've decided that jackasses like him aren't worth my time.

My faith teacher told me to get a haircut yesterday. I simply parted my hair on the other side today, and she complimented me on my haircut. :p

My algebra teacher hates me. She thinks I don't understand when I do, but I just don't feel like applying myself.

I made my rounds of my circles of friends at lunch. Since I'm the only person not in a clique, I have to continue walking the school to find people.

My computer apps teacher decided to let two students finish their assignments while the other 28 of us talked for the entire 70 minutes.

I'm finally doing well in Honors English. Since I'm now actually reading the literature, I'm acing the quizzes.

My sister picked me up 20 minutes late, so I talked to this girl I'm interested in. I'm thinking about asking her out, but every guy who does gets yelled at by her.

Slept three hours before dinner... watched the World series, but lost hope in the Rockies. I'm starting my homework now at midnight, and I'll crank in another three hours of sleep. My sleep cycle has separated into two 3-hour periods from 4-7am and from 4-7pm.

...and that was my day. Not too shabby.

15. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

my day was so bad.

the rockies lost by ALOT. hope this doesnt carry over for my interview in the morning... lol

16. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Your interview?

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That is very unprofessional of him. My PhD supervisor is exactly the same way. He's a completely self-centred, impatient jerk who also wants to help his students. It's his style and people-skills that realyl set me and others off.

With the benefits of being one of his students comes total agony. The man is a walking hemorrhoid......painful and all over my ass. Hopefully with enough cream, I can make this man go away in one year. :) (ie: When I graduate)

It's certainly a good time to start.

18. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm having a crappy couple of days...feeling very overwhelmed with my studies at the moment and feeling like its all caving in on me :(

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea for an engineering position with an aeronautical/aerospace firm

20. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad day. Those happen now and again. For me, a bad day at work is the one where I have to do the yelling :(. I hate being a quality assurance person in the manufacturing sector :p

21. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Oh...for some reason, I thought you meant that you had a television interview and that you were worried the sports segment would cut into your time. :)

22. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Well, not today but recently... I had a motorcycle accident on Saturday. I was late and had to get to a meeting with a client so I took the motorcycle although it was raining. I slipped on a wet rail. I have my motorcycle since 1999 and have often driven when it was raining, and even thought "you have to take care here" before I went over it.

But the good news there is very little damage on the motorcycle, maybe I can even repair it by myself, I just don't have time for it right now. And my left foot got hurt, but nothing is broken, I have no pain anymore and the doctor said it will heal by itself within 2 weeks. I just can only walk very slowly right now.

The bad news it takes me 10-15 minutes to get to work by motorcycle, but 40-50 minutes by public transport, and an hour by public transport with an injured foot. The loss of more than an hour (getting there and going back) every day really hurts since I have a lot of things to get done right now.

But well, there could have happened way more, the foot or the leg could have been broken or something, so I'm trying to take things easy.

A virtual hug to you and me and all of us unlucky suckers out there. :eek:

23. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I don't have good or bad days. I have days where clients and management make intelligent and rational decisions, and days where clients or management make poor or downright stupid decisions. Such as faxing me editorial changes in hastily written cursive, expecting me to be familiar with their invented mark-up language, or wasting my time with overly verbose and complicated instructions for simple tasks.

The next time I get corrections in cursive, I'd really like to reply by placing a banana in the fax machine and going home.