What A Day; Three problems within 12 hours!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by BenEndeem, Feb 28, 2009.

1. BenEndeem macrumors 6502

The very MacBook from my signature has suffered three problems since I woke up this morning.

1. The first thing to happen was a crack in the plastic in the palm rest area; a common problem apparently and one that Apple will happily deal with as it is within the warranty period.

2. It is now completely refusing to connect to any wi-fi network and I have tested it for some time now with no avail.

3. It's failing to recognise one of the USB ports.

Looks like another call to Apple... But it really makes you wonder what the chances of this are.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't know, but I usually wait until I have multiple issues before I go to Apple; this is to minimize losing my computer for days at a time especially for small things.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

1.) I had that issue and yes it is common and yes apple will repair it

2.) I had a problem like that with early Leopard but the latest updates fixed it

3.) I had that problem but a restart fixed it.

:(:D

4. BenEndeem thread starter macrumors 6502

Update.

1. As there is no Apple Store near me, I've been given the contact information for some authorised repair/sales companies.

2. I decided to look into the router control panel in more detail, and for some reason unbeknownst to me, the MacBook's IP is blocked from 7PM onwards. Very strange.

3. Right now I can only test two USB devices, so I'm hoping it is coincidentally just both of those cables and devices, I'll try some more later.

Thank you for the quick replies :D .

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Apple would probably even repair the cracked palmrest even after the warranty is over. The problem is widespread. They didn't even ask me about my warranty the last time they changed it for me. It's annoying, but it only took them 1 hour to change because they had a keyboard cover in stock.