What a fantastic product launch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rhsauer, Apr 30, 2010.

1. rhsauer macrumors newbie

I just wanted to say that I can't remember a product launch that was handled as well as this one - beginning to end. I think Apple deserves all the success they're obviously having.

2. troop231 macrumors 603

The only issues with this launch are apparently with ATT, but hey that's normal for them.

3. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Best buy here in TX had their act together. Handed out vouchers. I was out by 5:10. Smooth.

4. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

Apple always has their act together. soooooo many companies in America could learn how to PROPERLY run their businesses like Apple does.

5. advan031 macrumors 6502

Aside from me waiting in line for 30 minutes I was in and out of the store in less than 5 minutes:D

6. JayDH macrumors 6502

I waited in line for both iPad launches and they were both very well organized and executed. I haven't heard of many problems with the 3G service during today's launch, but the number of iPads sold and activated on AT&T today is much smaller than an iPhone launch.

7. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I think some of them have started to pay attention.

8. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

well it might have been better if they had more supply

9. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Having participated on April 3rd at the Apple store and then again today, I wholly agree! Things went very smoothly both times. It definitely made a difference that people were able to preorder and also for the April 3rd launch reserve an iPad for in-store pickup that day, with controlled time period and separate lines. It also helped things to move smoothly when Apple did the necessary iTunes update a couple of days in advance, too. I think they learned their lessons with the various iPhone launches...NOT a good thing to launch a new product which needs to be activated AND a whole new service (MobileMe) at the same time!

Looking at this, I see that presenting the iPad in two separate launches also undoubtedly put much less of a strain on people and servers than if all the models had been available on April 3rd. (Not to mention the other potential advantage for Apple: people purchasing the WiFi version and then deciding they wanted the 3G version instead or in addition ....)