What a fiasco

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roxics, Sep 18, 2014.

1. roxics macrumors regular

It's my own fault really. But last Friday morning I ordered two iPhone 6+ 64GB space gray models through the AT&T website at around 4AM. Because the Apple website wasn't working at all. I was given a 14-21 day shipping time through AT&T. Then I heard people were getting through on the mobile Apple store app, so I tried it. I was able to get two orders for the same phones with only a 7-10 day shipping window. But they were only reservations, I had to complete the orders which I had till Sunday to do.

I went back to AT&T and canceled one of my preorders and then went and turned one of my Apple reservations into a preorder. But the other phone was still preprocessing at AT&T and I was not able to cancel it. Finally after a couple days of dealing with AT&T through the phone and at one of the stores, I was able to get my second preorder completely cancelled and the eligibility status on it reinstated.

But... the apple store was still not allowing me to finish the preorder process for my second reservation. This was Sunday morning now. I went into an Apple store to get this resolved and they told me I had to call Apple. Apple then told me it was AT&T who was at fault and that it would take 3-5 days before the old phone cleared before I could order the new one. "But AT&T said it already is clear. Plus I already ordered one of them on Friday and everything went fine, no 3-5 day wait for that one. So what is the hangup with this one?"

"Well it's surprising it went through on Friday" said the Apple phone support person.

They then filled out a support ticket for me and it is now Thursday and I have yet to hear back from them. Four days now. So I'm going to have to call them back tonight and see what is going on. I'm just afraid that at this point I've lost my second reservation. Which means my girlfriend won't get her iphone, but I will. Which ultimately means I won't get mine either because I'll have to cancel my preordered since it wouldnt be fair that I get mine and she doesn't get hers.

This whole thing is a mess and yes it is my fault for trying to get a faster shipping time. I stil have a sliver of hope, but it's not looking good.

2. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

That sounds like a mess to deal with!

You could be a gentleman, still get your phone and give it to her though :)

3. vitacura macrumors regular

I would keep the pre-order you currently have and keep trying to get the second phone with in store pickup. Easier to get one phone these next few days than two!

4. roxics thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I've thought about that and I'm not against it. But can I switch the numbers on the devices?

5. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Just put her sim card into the phone you get and shouldnt be any issues. Sometimes phones get picky and you have to go into your carrier store to get a new sim card though.

6. roxics thread starter macrumors regular

Oh I'm such an idiot! I just spent the last hour and a half on the phone with both AT&T and Apple trying to figure out why this still wasn't working. Turns out, the phone I preordered was on her number, not mine. I kept trying to put her number in to preorder again.

Damn! If I would have relaized this last weekend when I still had my reservation, I would have gotten my phone with the same Oct 1-6 ship date as hers. Instead I had to preorder mine just now with a ship date of oct 17-24th.

But at least everthing is cleared up now.

7. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Glad you got it figured out. Also the preorder lines may swell by this weekend with people who were hoping to pick one up in store not finding the stock and going online.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

9. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I did the same thing, but with Verizon. Except it was a lot smoother for me. As soon as i was off the phone with Verizon canceling the order, i was able to complete my Apple order.