what a great deal

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by krypticos, Apr 21, 2008.

1. krypticos macrumors regular

i just found a macbook pro 15.4 2.16 2gb ram for 660 dollars in the uk. i live in the states. but i thought that was a great deal thought i would share.:D

2. adamjohn_98 macrumors member

Be awfully careful with deals that seem "too good to be true", especially foreign deals. It's easy to get burned if you're not careful. Additionally, only use reliable and refundable payment methods such as Paypal.

3. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

u agree we are using dhl he sends the package then i go to dhl and look at it and if i want it then i tell them to go through with the payment i think it is pretty cool here the link dhl is different

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

It's a freakin' scam, dude. Please think about it a minute and don't let greed blind you.

Phone up DHL and ask them if they have an escrow service, and how it works. Answer - it doesn't. DHL's web address is DHL.com. The web link you gave is NOT DHL, do you understand that? See below - It is some guy calls himself richard eremias -- both the name and address could very well be phony.

The place you send the money to will not be DHL, it will be a phony. Then when your machine never arrives, you'll go to the real DHL and find out that they know nothing about webshipping-dhl dot co dot uk and the money is long gone.

WHOIS
    Domain name:
    webshipping-dhl.co.uk
    Registrant:
    richard eremias
    Registrant type:
    Unknown
    Registrant's address:
    40c bilston street
    sedgley
    DY3 1JB
    GB
    Registrar:
    Freezone Internet Ltd t/a FreeZone [Tag = FREEZONE]
    URL: http://www.freezone.co.uk

I'm guessing you saw an ad on Craigslist or another free classified, emailed, and the guy gave you some story about being in England right now but he can ship it to you (insert long involved explanation about how perfectly safe it is). He even offered to ship it for free, right?

Treat EVERY craigslist sale that is not in your local area as a scam. There is no reason for someone to advertise goods on your local craigslist if they are hundreds or thousands of miles away. Insist on face to face transactions, in a public place, where you get to inspect the goods, (fior a high cash value transaction, make it clear you will NOT be carrying the cash, but will go to the bank with the seller and get the cash if the goods are acceptable) and get receipts.

5. adamjohn_98 macrumors member

Thanks for the link, I didn't know DHL offered that service.

6. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

This has SCAM all over it, you realise Macbook Pro's Start at $2,600 in the uk? If its cheaper to buy it from the Uk, its a scam.

7. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

It is a scam...

that web address is a fake

XXXXX-dhl.co.uk is not a subdomain of dhl.co.uk but a fake site

it would be XXXXX.dhl.co.uk if it was real!

Dont fall for it, i mean look at the DHL title pic on that site, see how pixilated it is...

8. adamjohn_98 macrumors member

Good eye shoulin333

9. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

thanks every one for posting i figured it was a scam i was posting to find out thinks everyone. sorry i want to get a newer mac laptop than my g3 ibook i love it but i need something newer lol. internet videos are just not the same with a slow lappy lol

10. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

They don't :rolleyes:

Nice attempt at recovery, there.

DHL corporate fraud dept. has been informed.

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

This is one of the better scams that has been reported here...I'm still waiting for someone to reply with, "but it says DHL rights reserved on the bottom"

b/c of course those people that are trying to scam you would not be malicious enough to violate a couple of copyright/fraud laws in the process

12. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

well i just emailed uk dhl to tell them about the site so maybe they will stop them or something

13. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

You have only got to compare this,real not real,to see it's a fake site